Are you interested in IOT, 5G, AI and other evolving technologies?
Do you have a passion for exploring new technologies and building working prototypes?
Do you have a strong desire in researching and working with new technologies?
We are looking for self-starters that want to explore and research new technologies and have a passion for pushing the boundaries of a project or concept.
ZTR is an industry leader in Industrial IOT solutions and has been in business for over 30 years. The Advanced Concept Group is a small innovative team, based out of our Kitchener office that focuses on driving advanced research of new technologies and supporting innovation to solve real industry needs. Joining our team, you will have the start-up feel of a small team, with the stability of a larger organization behind you.
ZTR is continuously growing and offers a competitive benefits and compensation package and a flexible work environment that promotes continual learning, personal growth and development.
ZTR has been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for three consecutive years! The program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
- Research new technologies, build concepts using them and testing their limits in the field.
- Participate in technology conferences and local technology events.
- Present new ideas, research, technologies and concepts to internal stakeholders.
- Research and work closely with technology partners, advisors and vendors to conceive new solutions, products and services.
- Effectively work with internal development teams to drive and support innovation.
- Prepare reports, documents and presentations on research.
- Travel to customer sites to understand customer needs and challenges.
- Enthusiastic, and open to new ideas and ways of doing things
- Enjoys challenges with the resourcefulness of not always knowing where to start but getting to the finish line with a concept or project
- Able to articulate your approach to design and comfortable going out into the world for inspiration
- Know the difference between "good" and "great" and are able to navigate team dynamics, clients and timelines
- Willingness to continue learning and stay informed of new technologies, as well as research and industry trends
- An effective communicator, who can speak in front of a crowd and present ideas
- Inquisitive and able to ask the hard questions to see the larger picture
- Can understand business concepts and can build business models
- Able to build strong working relationships with coworkers, partners, clients, vendors, etc.
- Flexible, with the understanding that not every idea is a winner and the ability to continue to drive towards success
- Bachelors Degree or College Diploma in Computer, Electrical, Mechatronic or Systems Engineering, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of software and hardware development experience.
- Some mechanical design experience is an asset
- Experience with python, C/C++, Java, .Net is preferred
- Hardware and mechanical experience is an asset
- Understanding of Machine Learning and database technologies (i.e. NoSQL) are an asset
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (i.e. AWS or Microsoft Azure)
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.