Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
● Build great relationships with tenants through regular touchpoint meetings and communication with all co-working participants, founders and lab directors to ensure an excellent Hub experience
● Engage the Hub community with various events and activities as appropriate and act as the liaison between the tenant population and the various programs and resources
● Respond to tenant concerns regarding facility (temperature, noise, maintenance of meeting rooms etc.)
● Responsible for collecting and entering data in the tenant database and Chubb security system and maintaining accurate records in both.
● Responsible for onboarding and offboarding of tenants, helping to coordinate seating arrangements and furniture for new and existing tenants at both locations
● Provide administrative support for legal and tenancy agreements
● Maintain invoicing report for billing changes for tenancy and parking with the finance department
● Provide occasional reception backup and support to the facilities team
● Prepare and maintain a comprehensive list of local coworking offices and work to build relationships and a resource document for general inquiries regarding office space
● Other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
● You are the biggest Team Player out there
● You have great communication and customer service skills
● You are calm in a storm, and have the ability to multi-task and organize activities against
constantly changing priorities
● Ability to think fast on your feet
● Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
● Technical aptitude with a variety of systems
● You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
● Access to a reliable vehicle
Sound like you? Send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodations to candidates requesting them throughout the recruitment process.