At Smile.io, Product Managers help build innovative rewards products for tens of thousands of merchants, and millions of customers around the world. As a Technical Product Manager, you will jump in right away delivering on our roadmap by writing product specs and collaborating closely with our design and development teams. Your technical background will aid you in diving deep with technical leaders and architects to validate solutions and timelines.
- Convert feedback and ideas into a prioritized product roadmap focused on outcomes
- Break down large roadmap items into well shaped projects that fit into our build cycles
- Work with the design and development teams to ship high quality product releases at a very fast pace
- Understand & communicate the product roadmap with the rest of the organization - sharing what we’re planning to build, why & what the delivery schedule looks like
- Collaborate with other teams (client experience, sales and marketing) to ensure clients are receiving the product resources they need to be successful
- Build on our API strategy by defining our target technical users and shaping the future of their ideal Smile experience
- Establish great working relationships between the Smile Product team and our key agency & technology partners
Traits or experience we’d love to see (you don’t need them all to apply!):
- You’ve definitely been involved with building APIs, likely as a developer
- You can think in terms of the big picture, but deliver on the details
- You have a nose for great products, and advocate for new features with both qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You communicate with empathy and exceptional precision
- You obsess about continuous product improvement
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.