Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses around the world. We’ve got big scaling plans in 2019 and beyond - we need amazing talent to achieve our goals and you get to lead the efforts to find and bring them to Smile!
As the leader of Smile’s Recruitment team, you’ll own the strategy to build a pipeline of technical and non-technical talent. You’ll expand on our brand as a top employer, both country-wide and internationally. You’ll demonstrate every day how much we care about our candidates and employees - by prioritizing your work appropriately, setting clear expectations and keeping your team and candidates informed every step of the way. You’ll creatively leverage limited resources, including your own network, to reach the right candidates, then share your excitement for our culture and growth potential to win them over.
We're open to any location for this role - Kitchener, ON is our HQ, but we love remote workers as well! Let us know where you'd like to work when you apply.
- Build a pipeline of technical talent to add multiple talented engineers per month
- Develop proactive sourcing strategies to engage and nurture a pipeline of passive talent
- Build and execute on content development strategies for recruitment-focused events within the community and with key school programs
- Partner with Smile teams to deeply understand their objectives and define recruiting strategies to address them
- Build a campus strategy to create a talent pipeline for the future, with particular emphasis on engineering
- Train hiring managers on recruitment and hiring processes, including effective interviewing
- Build and manage a high-impact recruitment team to deliver on aggressive talent growth goals
- Review resumes, cultivate referrals, and pre-screen candidates while moving the interview process forward in a timely manner
- Provide honest, direct feedback to all of the candidates we interview - we pride ourselves on not ghosting anyone, nor giving them the “we’ve chosen someone else” reason for not moving forward
What we’re seeking:
- An analytical thinker who can use data and market insights to refine strategies and iterate for continuous improvement of the recruitment process
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- A passion for helping people find the right opportunities, not just putting bums in seats
- A creative thinker who isn’t afraid to experiment with tactics
Traits or experience we’d love to see (you don’t need them all to apply!):
- Ability to create and execute on a recruitment strategy in a high growth business, with some emphasis on technical roles
- Some experience with in-house corporate recruiting
- Ambition & sense of urgency - you have goals & you can move fast to achieve them (tell us about your personal goals in your cover letter)
- Love of leadership - you can find, inspire and coach team members to achieve high levels of success
- Self-motivation - you love learning on the fly (if you need step by step instructions to be comfortable, this is not the team for you!)
- Self-confidence without ego - strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for creating awesome experiences and finding people roles they love
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.