This role is responsible to own, prioritize, and maintain the product, including creating definition of features, user stories, and acceptance criteria in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of Miovision’s Computer Vision technology.
You provide vision and direction with clear requirements to the CV development team to support delivery of cutting-edge technologies that support Miovision’s in-market products. You are execution, delivery and metrics driven to ensure quality, on time results for business and customer critical objectives.
What we’d like you to do
You are responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by the CV team at Miovision. The following areas of focus will make you successful in this role:
- Understand and articulate the CV technology vision, and ensure it aligns to the product roadmap (or align the product roadmap to technical capabilities)
- Populate the product backlog, work with the tech leads to populate the tech backlog, and ensure good overall backlog hygiene.
- Drive agile development best practices within the team by running team planning and retrospective exercises.
- Understand interdependencies of CV technology for various product roadmaps to define and prioritize features, user stories, acceptance criteria accordingly
- Manage and administer quarterly/sprint goals, forward-looking roadmaps, sprint meetings and time tracking.
- Help guide prioritization between long term objectives and short term market/customer/ company needs.
- Communicate product and feature ideas from the CV team to PM that could inform product strategy.
- Highlight key capabilities and short term, easy product opportunities for consideration by PM.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to set success/exit criteria for product initiatives and be capable of validating that criteria
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, UX/UI, testers, sales, marketing, and others to develop and execute against product roadmaps and release plans
- Understand the technical decisions/benefits/tradeoffs, and provide guidance to the CV team to ensure broadest product benefitsAct as the subject-matter expert for CV technology at Miovision
- Work with Engineering Leads to help direct, motivate, and guide delivery teams
- Promote and drive Agile development methodology throughout the work and teams, as appropriate
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of defects, including providing final decisions to fix or defer
- Review, accept, and prioritize feedback and new requirements from project/product stakeholders
- Ensure that engineering deliverables meet agreed-upon standards for quality, brand, UX/UI, and requirements, and that the products or features meet the stated business need
- Review developed features/functionality to ensure specified acceptance criteria has been met Ensure product functionality is appropriately documented
- Assist customer support teams, and develop and implement trainings and communications that allow partners and internal clients to better understand the products and changes that were made.
What we’d like you to have
- 4-7 years of experience in performing Product & Program Management related duties in a high tech environment
- Demonstrated experience in a research heavy engineering department in order to support grant funding and reporting (SRED, IRAP, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to work with product development to deploy technologies such as desktop and mobile user interface design, information design, user research, data visualization, analytics and APIs
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum work environment as a Product Owner: writing user stories and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player, with great work ethics and quick learner
- Detail oriented and obsessively organized
- Diplomatic with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable driving teams and management to decisions; willing to push-back for information and answers
- Adept at adjusting to changing circumstances quickly and professionally
- Able to make quick decisions when clarification or modification is needed