You want to empower educators by delivering world-class customer care.
You want to work within a small but passionate team and make an impact.
You like moving fast, and you’re a self-starter with a passion for helping others solve problems.
You want to enjoy the work that you do, have fun with the people you work with, and make a difference while doing so.
At Chalk, our mission is to give every child an equal opportunity to participate in the future by improving the effectiveness of educators around the world.
As a Customer Care Representative you will be empowering over 200,000 teachers, administrators, and students.
This is an introductory role with a core focus on customer support through live-chat and tickets, and you will work closely with the Customer Success and Product teams to represent the voice of the user.
As a Customer Care Representative, you’ll be responsible for:
- Directly supporting teachers and administrators via in-app live chat as well as responding to email requests
- Coordinating internal resources for online chat services
- Managing and updating resources available for teachers such as video tutorials and help articles
- Working closely with the Product Team to create support articles and video tutorials as new product features are launched
- Working with internal departments such as Customer Success and Product to provide insights into teacher feedback and contribute to future product roadmap
Ingrained in our culture at Chalk is the desire to be constantly learning, improving, and growing.
While we are happy to consider someone who will grow into this role, the following characteristics would definitely be an asset:
- Experience with customer support in a technical environment
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with teachers, administrators as well as internal teams through various platforms (live chat, email, in-person)
- Self-starter who excels in an environment with minimal supervision
- Able to adapt to a fast paced environment with strong time management skills
- Experience with technical writing and developing easy-to-follow support guides and/or videos
- Experience working in K-12 education industry (this is a bonus!)
We want to work with people who make our team better, and are passionate about improving education through technology.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you personally about why you feel you’d be a good fit at Chalk. Send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org. And no, we don’t want a generic cover letter – just keep it short and sweet 🙂