Senior Software Developer - Networking Specialist
RouteThis is looking for a Network Specialist to join our team. As a Network Specialist, you’ll help us solve some of the deepest problems with network connectivity, discover new and unique ways of diagnosing network issues, and build unique and innovative solutions to identify, benchmark, and solve connectivity issues for the world.
Is network connectivity your niche and passion?
Do you feel like you can create a better solution for network connectivity problems than what is currently available today?
Do you want to work towards finding and developing unique and innovative ways to optimize network connectivity across the globe?
If you’re the type of person who isn’t satisfied with off-the-shelf solutions - you would rather do it yourself, we definitely want to chat.
We’re looking for an extremely proficient software developer who has...:
Experience programming TCP/UDP sockets
Experience using packet-sniffing tools like Wireshark and tcpdump
Not afraid of gathering tons of data and analyzing it
Bonus points for experience working on mobile platforms, iOS, Android
Additionally, we’re looking for someone who understands how the Internet works, including...:
Network protocols - all-things above-and-below TCP/UDP
Network topologies - LAN, WAN, and things that makes it all work
VPNs, network interfaces, VLANs
Hands on experience with various hardware networking components: Routers, access points, firewalls
Do you feel like you’re able to tackle this role? Show us what you got! We absolutely don’t expect applicants to check off every box for any of our positions, and welcome you to apply if you feel like you’re an excellent fit.
Who we are:
RouteThis is a young, fast-growing tech company that is changing the way ISPs and Smart Home companies handle technical support around the world. Instead of dealing with frustrating, long support calls where agents are unable to accurately identify issues, the RouteThis platform gives technical support teams the answers they need to immediately identify and resolve customers’ issues -- or help customer to solve it themselves before even needing to call.
Our headquarters are in Kitchener-Waterloo and our customers are all over the globe.
If you want to work on the next generation of network diagnostics that provides a disruptive new approach for tech support teams, you should be working at RouteThis!
- Growth: As a rapidly growing startup, we’re constantly facing new challenges and prefer to promote from within. By working with us, you can jumpstart and shape your career.
- Team: At RouteThis you’ll be working on a highly-motivated team full of the best talent you can find. We’re carefully selective on who we hire as we’re a close team.
- Fun: Monthly team social events, delicious pour over coffee and espresso in the office, or just grabbing a drink at a nearby coffee shop with a coworker. We never forget that work should also be fun.
- Perks & Benefits: We cater lunch every Friday and offer snacks in the office on top of competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
- Location: Located in downtown Kitchener, near a bus stop and the future home of the LRT and transit hub, RouteThis has a prime location if you want to live downtown.
Please note: We thank all applicants for your interest in RouteThis. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
RouteThis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability and we will work with you to address your needs.