Are you a talented Senior Systems Engineer that loves to solve complex problems and help people with your knowledge?
We are Able-One Systems, an established team of experts that assist our clients in designing, implementing, and managing optimized IT environments so they can focus on their core business.
We are headquartered in the Innovation District of Kitchener-Waterloo and have been serving our Canadian clients for over 30 years.
Want to quickly see what Able-One is all about? Watch this 3 minute video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewaEJeNxHMc&t=5s
We promise that when you join our team, you will never be bored. Our list of clients are from various industries and are looking for innovative solutions.
Every single day, you will challenge your knowledge and abilities by helping our clients design, implement and support their virtual systems and network infrastructure. You will even have the opportunity to work with our sales team by assisting them in architecting virtual environments that differentiate our proposals from the competition.
More specifically, you will:
- Complete implementation, assessment, remediation and deployment projects involving server, storage and virtualization solutions, including hyper-converged infrastructure and VDI environments
- Design and implement network infrastructure solutions and optimize existing networks
- Install, configure and support network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Configure firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximize network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Update equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Secure environments by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Provide a first class client experience with timely, accurate and efficient support on all technical issues
- Receive, log and manage client tickets ensuring service levels are met and issues are escalated appropriately
- Maintain consistent, accurate and current documentation and asset lists for client environments
- Take ownership of projects and tickets, ensuring proper planning, execution and follow up, with timely communication throughout
- Determine client requirements and providing solution design and technical descriptions
- Assist in creation of proposals, RFP responses, and Statements of Work
- Work with our sales team to provide pre- and post-sales support as needed to clarify service expectations, including providing architecture diagrams and documentation
- Participate in weekend and after-hours “on-call” rotation
- Utilize Able-One’s ticketing and time entry system for client billing and time tracking
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
What will you bring to the team?
- Ample knowledge and experience in Networking, Storage and Virtualization Technologies
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities to troubleshoot and resolve complex operating system, software and hardware challenges
- Expert knowledge in the areas of Windows, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and VPN
- An ITIL certification is a great asset
- Professional Microsoft certifications (MTA, MCSA, MCSE, MCP) are necessary
- Working knowledge and experience working with Windows Server, Linux and VMware
- Skills in Cisco FirePower would be a great addition
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ontario Driver's License (G Class)
- If you have experience working in multi-location or multi-customer environments that is a great asset
We provide a great overall compensation plan.
- You will receive a competitive salary, full health benefits and bonus as part of your compensation package
- You will work in a beautiful, modern office in the heart of Kitchener’s Innovation District. Just a short walk from the Transit Hub, LRT, restaurants and the offices of Google and Communitech
- We will ensure you receive the training you need on the latest IT solutions to keep you ahead of the technology curve
- We have a full gourmet kitchen stocked with coffee, espresso and snacks; you might even find some beer in the fridge
- Our amazing culture is promoted with regular team building and social activities - we are a fun and supporting environment
If this sounds like just the role you have been looking for, submit your resume and tell us more about yourself!
If you are a top performer that loves solving problems and taking a leadership role, we look forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.