Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Customer Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 18th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
Building on years of steady success with a growing global client base, we are implementing an ambitious new sales and marketing strategy as a key driver of our company-wide strategic reorganization and focus.
As the Director of Customer Success, you will be a key contributor to Athena Software’s senior management team. Developing partnerships based on a foundation of trust and mutual respect, you will ensure ongoing success for Athena Software’s key stakeholders: our Customers. An energetic, highly trusted leader and relationship builder, your prime passion lies in seeing our Customers succeed, ensuring that all deliverables exceed Customer expectations, and that the Customer Success team is delivering a high level of value in each interaction.
Leading the Customer Success team, you will manage and motivate our Account Managers to ensure our Customers’ needs are not only met but exceeded. An evangelist for the Penelope software, you are capable and confident in recommending best practice solutions for diverse use-cases with a strong track record of working with C-level clients and key business partners. A collaborative partner and influencer to other functional departments at Athena Software, you will be instrumental in nurturing and delivering a strong brand, service and culture to our stakeholders, inside and out.
- Foster, develop, and motivate a high performing Customer Success team in a scaling environment.
- Alongside your team, partner closely with Athena Software’s Customers to ensure we understand their business goals, success metrics, and how we can grow our relationship with them in a proactive way.
- Run a regular communication cadence within Athena Software to ensure internal stakeholders have an accurate picture of Customer health.
- Collaborate closely with other Senior leaders to optimize the Customer journey from sale, to implementation, to Customer Success.
- Effectively communicate strategic initiatives, targets and progress to Athena’s internal stakeholders.
- Develop operational strategies to increase net new business amongst our in force customer base.
- Supervise, coordinate, and innovate Athena Software’s Customer management processes, identifying areas for optimization.
- Design roadmaps for ongoing Customer retention and success, with consideration to additional customer investments, such as added features or training.
- Lead Senior Account Managers to implement the regional-specific plans and provide development support.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, while monitoring receivables for the department.
- Continually maintain awareness of new and emerging features and potential applications within the Penelope software.
- Manage and report on financial performance against targets and other KPIs.
- Identify issues or trends which may threaten Customer Success and work cross-functionally to drive solutions on the Customers’ behalf.
- 8+ years’ progressive experience in Customer Success, Account Management, and/or Sales working with or within the SaaS sector.
- Proven results in driving Customer Success and satisfaction, leading to both increases in retention and revenue growth.
- Outstanding leadership abilities and the willingness to collaborate and consider diverse perspectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team builder, with the understanding of team development for success.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, influencing skills and financial acumen.
- Ability to convey technical information and business impact to a non-technical audience.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Working within the Waterloo office location.
- As Athena is a global company, business travel to client sites and to meet with Athena colleagues will be required.
- Working online conferencing with clients and colleagues across time zones will be required.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.