OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText(OTEX), a global leader in currently seeking a Customer Support Manager. Reporting to the Director of Support, the Manager of Customer Support will provide managerial leadership for a fast-growing technical support team as they provide premium-level technical support 24x7x365 to OpenText customers and partners.
Primary responsibilities include managing the work activities of the technical support personnel. This individual will assist in providing guidance to resolve highly complex issues and implementing strategies for training and tools for the use of the Customer Support team, and champions the standardization, utilization, optimization and use of best practices in technical support for SaaS solutions. This is a proactive leader, with the ability to set direction, while driving solutions aimed at improving the customer experience across a diverse team and technologies.
You are great at:
* Effectively manage the daily operations of the Support team ensuring successful delivery of the OpenText 24x7x365 Support offerings and the achievement of Service Level Agreements.
* Develop and maintain quality metrics and standards for support performance, generating weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to be reviewed with management and Support team members, including identification of challenges and opportunities.
* Manage the communication and escalation of issues with strategic customers with sales management ensuring successful resolution and minimizing customer impact.
* Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies, procedures, and programs require change, or where new ones need to be developed to make the department more efficient, and to ensure high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
* Provide hands-on management of the Support staff. Oversee staff performance by taking the lead in staff selection; monitor performance objectives and productivity metrics relating to quarterly goals and annual reviews; and provide staff training, development, and leadership to help ensure and maintain a strong team environment.
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful release of new product development.
* Manage the customer and support requirements including customer notification, training and tools needed to ensure support readiness for launch of new solutions in the market.
* Facilitate communication, cooperation, and teamwork between the Support team and other tier 3 operational departments and management teams,
* Drives meetings and partnering to ensure continuous improvement of the customer experience as well as product improvement and enhancements.
* Produce customer facing documentation such as Root Cause Analysis’ (RCAs), Solution Articles for common issues, FAQs, and has experience driving the support and product Knowledge Base.
* Evaluates and prioritizes incoming phone queues and ticketing systems to determine personnel needs.
* Ability to grow in the role, while developing talent and expertise within the team
* Any additional responsibilities or tasks that management deems appropriate as the role evolves
What it takes:
* Minimum of 5 years of customer-facing technical support experience; at least 4 years in a management role managing a teams of technical support engineers.* Strong leadership qualities, including developing staff, communicating vision and inspiring teams.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport and credibility quickly.
* Excellent judgment and business knowledge with a keen ability to assess people, processes and products
* Critical thinking, problem solving, and problem resolution skills.
*Ability to effectively present information to customers and peers.
* BA or BS in related field, preferably a Computer Science or Engineering major and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
* Experience in leading, managing a Support organization within a Significant Experience with the technical support of enterprise software products or highly available SaaS solutions developed in Java is highly desirable.
* Understanding of emergency notification systems, policies, and processes desirable.
* Experience working with at least one major Operating System: (Unix, Linux, Microsoft Windows).
* Experience working with Network Infrastructures, Networking Technologies, Firewalls.
* Good understanding in principles and implementation of the following Communication Protocols: (E-mail (AS1), Http (AS2), FTPS (AS3), SMTP, SSL, VPN)
* Experience working with Data Translation software supporting data mapping and transformation processes
* Experience working with hosted, resellers and third-party VAN providers.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.