The future of work means a growing impact from artificial intelligence, the automation of jobs, and changing models of what work looks like. At Plum, we’re preparing enterprise organizations for the biggest disruption to the workforce since the industrial revolution by quantifying people’s innate strengths and matching them to jobs where they thrive. We are a Waterloo-based SaaS company of 22 people (in the process of doubling in size!) that automates advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology to provide organizations with the talent data they need to prepare for the future of work.
This position will report to the Director of Finance and be responsible for managing the day-to-day finances of the company. We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate who can grow the position along with the high growth the company is experiencing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis for the company in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- With the Director of Finance, you will assist in the preparation of the annual budget and annual forecasting. Working with the department leads, you will prepare budget reports and analysis on variances.
- Maintain and assist in the development and documentation of all accounting procedures and processes
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for investors, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups
- Assist in preparing quarterly board and investor presentation material
- Create cash flow forecasts on a weekly basis to ensure requirements are met for payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Booking general business transactions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare and manage payroll
- Review employee expense reports
- Calculate relevant KPI's for the business. Analyze and track progress on metrics across various departments and for the company as a whole
- Manage the SR&ED process, coordinating with external consultants to ensure accurate and timely returns are filed
- Manage year-end financial statement preparation and coordinate year-end and tax filings with external accountants
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects, as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Post-secondary education specializing in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Finance or Accounting position
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and regulations
WHO WE ARE
At Plum, we believe in transparency, commitment, and a culture of support and team orientation through the following initiatives:
- Competitive health benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Bi-weekly team meals
- Fun monthly company events and activities
- Relaxed dress code and atmosphere
- Dog-friendly office
- Coaching and internal growth opportunities
We want to know more about who you are and how you’ll fit with our team and culture, as such we ask that you complete the Plum Discovery Survey (follow the Apply link below). By taking our Discovery Survey you’ll get a chance to check out our base product first hand and get your own Plum Profile that highlights your strengths and gives you tips to make sure your next role is the right fit.
At Plum, we are committed to building inclusive organizations – and that starts with our own team. We believe that diversity of thought and background breeds unbridled innovation. Therefore, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, please email email@example.com.