- Carrier Cost Analyst
- Fibernetics Corporation
- Cambridge, ON
- Job Function
- Accounting and Finance, Project Management and Business Analysis
- Job Type
- Full time
Carrier Cost Analyst
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a career oriented and passionate individual to join our technology and finance team to contribute to delivering ideas and results towards the company’s initiatives. Telecom experience is not needed as strong coaching and development skills will be provided on the job.
ways you contribute
Under the supervision of the VP of Wholesale, the duties and responsibilities of the Carrier Cost Analyst include:
• You will review and answer network related questions regarding COGs when it comes to the Fibernetics network.
• You will review and summarize existing outsourced carrier services.
• You will clearly summarize and define costs that the entire company would understand.
• You will provide summaries of existing relationships and provide research resulting in new relationships.
• You will manage a database of circuits that make up the entire network:
-Knowledge of terms/commitment on all outsourced contracts
-Location of services
-What component of the company requires the services
-Review canceled services an ensure they are no longer on the invoice
• You will drive process improvement, implement multi-modal solutions, ensure regulatory compliance, develop actions plans and provide carrier problem resolution.
• You will drive opening/negotiating/closing disputes with underlying carriers.
• You will request and summarize quotes from multiple carriers.
• You will perform capacity planning, forecasting, and projects management for Data and Voice Carrier Services.
• You will gather information and prepare various reports for several telecom Administrative bodies.
what makes you awesome
• You are an expert user of Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/Power Point.
• You have an understanding and ability to create and manage SQL Queries.
• You can manipulate large amounts of data using Excel and Access.
• You have a complete understanding of P&L.
• You have well-developed interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• You have the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the courage to challenge ideas (yours and others).
• You have the desire to work in a high growth environment and you have a passion for the telecom industry.
• You have a proven ability as an effective auditor and deal maker.
skills considered a bonus
• You have knowledge of Regulatory Affairs and an understanding of CRTC Rulings and the potential impact to Fibernetics’ bottom line.
• You have an understanding of:
-VOIP, 911 Services, IP Transit
-B&K/FGD/Long Distance/Local Transit/PRI Trunks/SIP Channels/Fixed vs Per Minute
• You have the ability to review and analyze financial statements.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!