- Systems Integrator
- Manulife Financial
- Base Salary $80-$90K + VIP ( Bonus)
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
1705674 System Integrator
We have a position open for an experienced Systems Integrator in the Integration Technology Services Managed Services team. We are a centralized shared service team in Canadian Division. We provide platform services and support for data management and web based single sign-on solutions. We also provide consulting for Cloud solutions and operate the Currency Office for all Information Management and Information Technology managed technologies, platforms and applications.
The candidate will be a member of the integrator team and will provide support to ensure effective delivery of applications and services. This position will work with various project teams throughout Canadian Division to plan, design and deliver the appropriate platforms and capabilities in support of Manulife Business and our customers.
- Communicate with business and IS partners to define and provide optimum solutions to complex infrastructure problems
- Work closely with application development teams to design solutions at the infrastructure and interface level.
- Lead infrastructure integration efforts in collaboration with project teams
- Become a subject matter expert in software and environment supported
- Responsible for environment integrity and availability
- Work on implementations and problem resolutions with business units and outside service providers/vendors
- Keep abreast of technology and industry trends, communicates and applies these in the assessment of all solutions
- Provide functional work direction, coaching and mentoring to junior staff
- Installation, testing, and configuration of software products
- Maintain and manages software currency and patching requirements
- Work with outsource providers for implementation of supporting infrastructure
- Documentation of application environment, implementation, troubleshooting and support procedures
- Provide technical support to source code control management
- Participate in implementing, integrating and supporting a Division-wide DevOps environment
- Provide steady state and project support on Single Sign-On infrastructure/architecture for applications
- Oncall support rotation
- This position is based at 500 King Street North, Waterloo with the flexibility to work remotely. The candidate will be required to work onsite at least once every two weeks.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in large, complex IS environments
- Integration and support experience in Data Management environment; specifically Data Management software such as Informatica, IBM Infosphere Information Server, QualityStage, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Quality Management (DQM) and BI reporting software such as IBM Cognos and SAP Business Objects.
- Working experience in installation and support of Analytics software and environment
- Demonstrated experience integrating a variety of technologies including but not limited to virtualization with VMware and Cloud
- Experience in the development of technical documentation
- Experience working with outside vendors and global resources
- Ability and eagerness to learn technology and tools at a rapid pace
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing tasks and changing priorities
- Superb analytical ability
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, negotiation skills, and coaching skills
- Flexible to work after hours and on weekends
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of database structures and SQL
- Data Masking
- Microsoft Sharepoint
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are striving to create leading, mobile and web experiences that enables our customers to choose how, when and where they want to engage with their financial services. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help us re-imagine and reinvent what it means to deliver great software
We are seeking self-motivated Tech & IT People, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. Our current opportunities are available in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, and Toronto.