Smile.io is looking for a Product Owner to become a key member of our fast-growing team. Our product team is brand new & critical to our growth - you’ve got the chance to help us define the product process we need to keep Smile.io the rewards leader!
About the Job
You’ll be working to understand customer & market needs, translating those into development requirements, and then managing the overall process of taking features from design through to customer use. You’ll be working closely with our development teams to make better experiences for the 50 million users shopping with our 15,000+ merchants!
Here’s what the Product Owner at Smile.io is responsible for:
- Influencing a cross-functional team to implement product ideas
- Developing detailed requirements & user stories that developers understand
- Supporting roadmap planning & providing leadership to keep our products ahead of the market
- Proactively communicating with non-development teams at Smile.io on roadmap updates
- Working with client merchants to validate & present product concepts & features
- Working with the Content team to create collateral - whitepapers, case studies, etc.
- Helping to build the next generation of rewards programs for the world's top retailers!
You might be a former developer, where you learned to speak engineering. You might also have been in a client-facing role where you developed your relationship & presentation skills. You thrive in a role where you can use both of these talents to launch amazing products, easily communicating with developers, clients and everyone in between to get the job done. You love a high-speed environment where there is no such thing as a typical day!
You have experience:
- Working with developers to balance user needs with technical feasibility
- Thriving in a fast paced environment, evolving your role as the business grows
- Managing aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Working effectively with cross functional teams and across multiple time zones and countries
- Communicating to many different types of people by writing, speaking & presenting clearly
- Working in a PM or PO role or other customer discovery role. Bonus if it's SaaS-based. Extra points for eCommerce!
We only hire smart, self-starters who can think of efficient and unique solutions to problems, while also seeing them through to completion. You’ll be working with the best people in the industry and you'll constantly be pushed to improve your skills.
We’ve grown over 100% year-over-year for the past 3 years. If you perform well, then your potential to take charge of a significant portion of our business is very high.
We never miss an opportunity to have fun - and there’s always a fun & interesting social event on the horizon. We also have local craft beer on tap!
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
We offer competitive pay & health benefits, while also providing you with a top-of-the-line computer to make sure you’re doing the best work you’re capable of. We also have a monthly eCommerce credit as well as a transportation credit.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for your interest in Smile.io. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Smile.io is an equal opportunity employer. Smile.io welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.