- Tier 3 Technical Support Technician
- CopperTree Solutions Inc
- Job Function
- Customer Service and Technical Support, IT & Systems Admin
- Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo
- Job Type
Tier 3 Technical Support Technician
CopperTree Solutions Inc., a Managed IT Service Provider serving Waterloo and surrounding areas, is currently seeking a full-time Tier 3 Technical Support Technician for a period of 3 months with the option to extend or convert to a permanent role.
At CopperTree, we believe strongly in living, and breathing, our values.
There’s a spirit of adventure here – we are risk takers. We’re a highly progressive and growing organization and don’t believe in standing still. You’ll discover that you have lots of freedom here, freedom to create and innovate. We are not the biggest company in our industry, but we are a leader, and are known for our consistency of approach. Most importantly, while you’re working with CopperTree, it’s vital to us that you enjoy your career journey.
As a result of our growing business, we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to solve our client’s technology challenges. This role consists of being a leader in CopperTree’s help desk team, looking beyond the surface of problems and demonstrating that finding solutions is a part of who you are.
This individual will maintain a positive attitude and friendly demeanor while communicating with CopperTree’s end users when they need help the most.
- Supporting our clients by working all tiers of reactive tickets in CopperTree's Help Desk.
- Answering calls from users or tickets generated by our monitoring software.
- Handling issues that cannot be dealt with by our tier 1 and tier 2 Support Technicians.
- Following and helping to evolve CopperTree's best practices.
- Utilizing CopperTree's documentation to facilitate the closure of tickets.
- Minimizing client impact, downtime and frustration.
- Keeping security in mind always and having discussions with client decision makers about change requests.
- Engaging with 3rd party vendors to delve deeper into uncovering solutions.
- Ability to adapt to situations involving clients with unique hardware and software requirements.
- Shared duties with all departments within CopperTree Solutions Inc. such as rotating on-call shifts and overtime / evening / weekend shifts as necessary.
- Highly motivated, self-driven with a positive attitude and a “never give up” mentality.
- Strong desire to provide valued service to the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Process driven with focus on goals.
- Ability to schedule yourself, work independently and discover solutions for unusual and difficult problems.
- Assisting other staff to find solutions before escalations take place.
- Strong capability to operate in the modern IT landscape with a proven track record utilizing a variety of technologies including but not limited to: Workstations and servers, Windows domains, email systems such as Exchange and Office 365, networking and firewall infrastructure, cloud services, virtualization (Hyper-V) and phone systems.
- 5+ years in a comparable role within the industry.
- Attractive base pay plus options for overtime.
- Opportunities for growth within CopperTree’s technical team.
- Central Waterloo location
CopperTree Solutions Inc. is a growing company and an equal opportunity employer. If you require any kind of special accommodation to apply for this role, please let us know. If you are looking for a challenge and are willing to grow with us, please contact us. Thank you.