TITLE: Application Operations and DEVOPS Engineer
LOCATION: Waterloo, Ontario
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate with developers to design, implement, evolve and support applications in our secure and highly-available, multi-tenant platform.
- We take pride in the continuous delivery of high-quality, scalable and maintainable applications and infrastructure.
- Bridge and Own the union between development, quality, security and operations.
- Own systems administration and the pipeline from software development to production.
- Be passionate about the security, quality and uptime of the systems that power our platform’s infrastructure, as well as all aspects of configuration management and automation – from the code repos though deployment, to production uptime.
- DevOps Blueprint/Cookbook Design, creation and execution.
- Responsible for maintaining / patching servers supporting SaaS products. This includes Windows Servers, Linux Servers running in in-house Datacenters and/or using cloud PaaS providers (AWS, Azure)
- Perform application upgrades for multiple NCR SaaS products.
- Help develop standards, procedures and guides for managing servers and applications for security and high availability applications running in PaaS environments.
- Develop / Monitor dashboards to detect problems related to application, infrastructure and potential security incidents on daily basis.
- Participate in Disaster recovery planning and execution
- Participate in Audit of working procedures and making changes to meet statutory regulations
- Work with a geographically distributed software engineering teams to support the applications
REQUIRED TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- 7+ years deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
- 7+ years administering Linux (esp. Ubuntu), including shell-scripting & command-line tools
- 3+ years with cloud virtualization and PaaS
- 2+ years with AWS
- 2+ years with VMWare vCloud or vRealize Automation
- 1+ years with Docker, Kubernetes and early versions of OpenShift
- Experience architecting, reviewing, and supporting complex, highly-available infrastructure
- Experience with orchestration, automation, and configuration management tools like git, Fabric and Ansible (or Puppet, Chef, or related technology)
- Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing application servers (nginx, apache, Postgres, Redis
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION:
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global tech company that changes how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. Our software, hardware, and services enable over a half billion transactions daily. Headquartered in Atlanta, we are leading how the world connects, interacts, and transacts with business. ncr.com
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.