Program Support Representative
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Guelph, Ontario
- $1,190.65 - $1,499.37 per week
- Job Function
- Administrative and Clerical
- Job Type
- Full time
Program Support Representative
Do you excel at providing end‑user training, troubleshooting and support services?
If so, this is your opportunity to support the protection and growth of Ontario's agri-food sector by guiding Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs staff and clients on the effective and efficient use of client relationship management software and other business intelligence tools.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working in a call centre environment, you will provide one-window access to support for ministry staff related to divisional information management tools by:
• troubleshooting issues and inquiries, and either providing a solution or triaging to other ministry or cluster resources
• developing and delivering training on existing tools and planned enhancements
• planning and co-ordinating enhancement testing
• preparing and distributing routine reports drawn from the tools
You will also provide front‑line support to the public for specific applications made available to ministry clients.
How do I qualify?
Technical knowledge and skills:
• You have advanced knowledge of and proficiency with client relationship management software, database software and other business intelligence tools to provide end‑user support as well as troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
• You have oral and written communication skills to explain technical capabilities of application software, systems and equipment to non-technical clients.
• You have active listening and probing skills to assess client needs.
• You have instructional and training skills to provide one-on-one or large group training interventions that build technology capacity and independence.
Analytical and problem solving skills:
• You have analytical skills to effectively identify and triage support needs.
• You have problem solving skills to develop and test appropriate solutions and troubleshoot software and hardware upgrades.
Customer service skills:
• You are able to identify underlying client needs and match these needs to available or customized programs or services.
• You have interpersonal skills to respond effectively to clients of various technical abilities and calm irate or distressed clients.
• You are able to identify and communicate trends and patterns in client needs or expectations.
Relationship management skills:
• You have client relationship management skills to liaise and negotiate with business partners and system users and provide effective support to clients over repeated interactions.
• You are able to foster effective partnerships and integrated networks with internal and external stakeholders.
Salary Range: $1,190.65 - $1,499.37 per week
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 108867, by Thursday, June 22, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.