Senior Data Analyst, Client Insights
The Senior Data Analyst, Client Insights reports to the Director, Client Insights, within the Individual Marketing team. The Individual Marketing team is accountable to define and deliver marketing programs that position effectively Sun Life’s distinctive value proposition with our target clients and advisors. This includes traditional marketing tactics as well as our digital properties such as the Client Engagement Digital Platforms.
The Senior Data Analyst, Client Insights is a key contributor on this team and is accountable to conduct analyses on the on Sun Life client base to better understand who are our most valuable clients, derive insights on loyalty, satisfaction, preferences and engagement and identify opportunities to enhance the client experience to help drive the growth of the Individual Insurance and Wealth business.
The Senior Data Analyst will work closely with internal business partners to understand their business drivers and emerging needs in order to develop and share qualitative and quantitative insights. They will bring to the business partnerships a continuously evolving understanding of our key audiences and will know how to communicate to internal partners actionable insights to inform marketing plans and help the business meet their objectives.
- Analyze and interpret data through data mining client databases and other information systems to identify key insights and opportunities to better understand client behaviour and enhance the client experience
- Develop methodology to define Client Lifetime Value, High Potential Value and size and share of wallet predictive propensity models to better understand the client’s wealth, profitability and willingness to purchase
- Develop key metrics/KPIs to measure the client experiences throughout their journeys, MoTs, pain points, and touchpoints across all segments.
- Analyze and model data to define and validate client segmentation and understand the different client target market by channel and their key characteristics (demographic, attitudinal, behavioral…)
- Support various business partner’s ad hoc requests for data analysis, insights, and business case development
- Prepare compelling reports and presentations of market research and analytics results for a variety of stakeholders across Distribution, Marketing, Corporate, Product and Dealer
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communication with key stakeholders where appropriate including distribution partners, sales managers, advisors, sales directors, and back office staff
Qualifications - External
- University degree in Quantitative field: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science with an emphasis in Statistics
- 7+ year experience in statistical analysis, analyzing complex data sources, predictive modeling, clustering and client segmentation
- Strong proficiency in SAS, BI and visualization tools
- Sound understanding of the client lifetime value and experience in evaluating and calculating it in the life insurance and wealth management industry
- A flexible approach to reporting and sharing analytical results, modifiable to suit different types of audiences
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to translate knowledge of audience insights into marketing strategies
- Proven track record of successfully operating in a matrix environment with cross-function team participation successes
- Strong partnering approach with a commitment to meeting internal and external business partners' unique needs and expectations
The successful candidate will be:
- Customer focused
- Marketing minded
- Highly collaborative
- Creative and analytical
- Action oriented, hands-on and decisive
- A strong communicator, consultant and influencer
- Market research knowledge
- Understanding of Sun Life brand strategy and positioning
- Sound knowledge of financial services industry, products, services, distribution channels
The Individual Insurance and Wealth business unit represents close to 30 per cent of all Sun Life Financial global revenue and more than 50 per cent of Canadian earnings. We’re a top provider of life, health and wealth products in the Canadian marketplace.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com