- Agile Coach - Digital Solutions
- Manulife Financial
- Kitchener- Waterloo
- Base Pay plus VIP
- Job Function
- Project Management and Business Analysis
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
Agile Coach - Digital Solutions
Digital Solutions is a new and exciting software development team at Manulife and is the foundation of Manulife’s digital transformation. We are striving to create leading, mobile and web experiences that enables our customers to choose how, when and where they want to engage with their financial services. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help us re-imagine and reinvent what it means to deliver great software. You will join the Digital Solutions team as we build our new Digital Garage where teams are working together to shape what it means to have a great customer experience and build awesome solutions that will delight all Canadians. Our Garage promotes collaboration across our agile teams with the use of modern tools, platforms, and services. In support of this vision, we are growing our teams and looking for enthusiastic and inspired people who want to be a part of our future.
As an Agile Coach you are a part of the leadership team in the Digital Green Garage taking responsibility for:
- Providing leadership in creating an environment for finding new and better ways for teams to work
- Bringing people together to create a strong team with high trust, enthusiasm, responsibility and more
- Leading teams and their partners as they learn and adopt Agile practices by supporting them through coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teaching. Partners include: Product Owners, Project Managers, IT Leaders, Business Leaders and more
- Enabling learning at all levels of Digital Solutions encouraging a culture of continuous improvement
- Building relationships with teams outside of Digital Solutions, to cultivate a smooth integration with supporting delivery teams
- Building relationships with business and IT leaders outside of Digital Solutions, to educate and champion agile across the Division
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with the values and principles of Agile and Lean
- Your growth as an Agile Coach through a thirst for continually improving your own skills and approaches
- Participating in the world-wide Agile community raising the visibility of the Digital Green Garage at Manulife, and to seed new ideas in the Garage
Your qualifications include:
- You have a University Degree (Computer Science) preferred or equivalent experience
- You are an Agile/Lean practitioner with more than 3 years of experience in leading Software teams using Agile/Lean practices
- You know the Agile Manifesto, and several Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, TDD, ATDD, Etc. Certifications are beneficial, although not required
- You have education in and/or can demonstrate competency in the Agile Coaching skills of coaching, mentoring, teaching, facilitating and other leadership competencies
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and deep pride in quality craftsmanship
- Highly effective influence and negotiation skills
- Exceptional communications, judgement and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with Agile tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) is an asset
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are striving to create leading, mobile and web experiences that enables our customers to choose how, when and where they want to engage with their financial services. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help us re-imagine and reinvent what it means to deliver great software
We are seeking self-motivated Tech & IT People, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. Our current opportunities are available in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, and Toronto.