Mission-driven since day one, Communitech exists to help tech companies start, grow and succeed. Communitech supports tech companies at all stages of their growth and development – from startups to rapidly growing mid-sized companies and large global players. A member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs, Communitech supports companies in commercializing innovation and technology, with the goal of creating a greater number of successful global businesses.
Communitech is a place: the Communitech Hub acts as a centre of gravity for Waterloo Region’s innovation entrepreneurs and their employees, connecting them to each other and the resources they need.
Communitech is an ecosystem: a commitment to building a top-tier global ecosystem ensures the necessary infrastructure, brand and favourable public policies are in place to attract the talent, capital and customers necessary to support their growth.
Communitech is hands-on programming: legit advice and direct support to help companies
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of dedicated entrepreneurs who wanted to raise the profile of the Waterloo Region tech community. Today, Communitech has grown into a movement of more than 1,100 companies determined to scale their businesses and grow the economies of Waterloo Region and Canada.
What kind of people will succeed at Communitech? People who care about our customers, get fully on board with our mission—to help tech companies start, grow and succeed—and work cooperatively with the entire Communitech team. We thrive on taking initiative, managing risks and learning from failure. We want folks who think big but are also willing to push a broom. Think you have what it takes?
Reporting to the Hub Facilities Manager, the Facilities Coordinator will excel at being able to multi-task, and can easily adapt to a work day that rarely looks like what you expected when you arrived in the morning. Communitech has one location in Kitchener, and one location in Waterloo. The Facilities Coordinator will be required to work at one or both locations on a regular basis.
- First tier support for facility issues, as required by Hub Facilities Manager including off hours support
- Physical meeting room set-up for all Hub meetings & events
- Trouble-shoot and provide technical support to clients and staff for audio-visual equipment, video-conferencing and telephone systems.
- Escalation of issues as required
- Coordinating work with various trades and contractors
- Respond to tenant concerns regarding facility (temperature, noise, maintenance of suites, etc.)
- Light repairs on occasion
- Provide support for events hosted at the Hub, as required
- Ensure the facility is maintained in top working order for all tenants and clients
- Issue security access passes, and manage pass holder data base
- Liaise with and coordinate work of external firms for maintenance as required (janitorial services, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical contractors, etc.)
- Act as a point of contact for the facility’s security and health and safety
- Administer green initiatives such as CarShare and Travelwise program to staff and clients
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- You are the biggest Team Player out there
- You have great communication and customer service skills
- You are calm in a storm, and have the ability to multi-task and organize activities against constantly changing priorities
- Ability to think fast on your feet
- Basic AV knowledge
- Technical aptitude with a variety of systems
- You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- You are passionate about providing outstanding customer service
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by June 20.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability. Accommodations can be made in the recruitment process upon request.