Technical Business Analyst
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Customer Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 18th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
Building on years of steady success with a growing global client base, we are implementing an ambitious new sales and marketing strategy as a key driver of our company-wide strategic reorganization and focus.
We are seeking talented, energetic and passionate individuals who want to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Technical Business Analyst is a key role at Athena who will act as the primary liaison between the Professional Services team and the Tailored Services (data analyst) team for new implementations. As such, they will act as a key point of contact for new customers across the globe. They will also assist in the project management of incoming Tailored Services Projects for existing customers, and the deployment of products that require data analyst work, particularly for projects involving data imports/exports and standardized reporting. They will recommend best practice solutions based on expertise regarding product functionality and configuration to meet end user reporting and data integration needs.
The Technical Business Analyst will be responsible for writing technical specifications and statements of work (for custom development, integration, etc.) based on interactions directly with the customer and internal teams that may include Product managers, Data Analysts and Business Analysts. An individual filling the Technical Business Analyst role should be comfortable during a pre-sales engagement and can articulate possible solutions applicable to expertise with the Penelope software. Ideally, the Technical Business Analyst is engaged in best practice development initiatives, provides thought leadership, and familiarity with proven solutions which support vertical objectives.
- Participate as a key customer contact in all new deployments around reporting requirements, including best practice configuration to meet reporting needs
- Identify opportunities for standardization of configuration and reporting based on market segment
- Liaise between professional services, data analyst and product teams to communicate and deliver exceptional customer reporting solutions as appropriate
- Participate in pre-sales calls to provide information and high level quotes around reporting solutions
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to data analysts and product managers
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Project manage the incoming queue of requests from existing customers around data interoperability and reporting and manage the delivery of some interoperability and reporting projects
- Analyze project scope and complexity and project delivery metrics to refine high level quoting capabilities
Required Skills / Experience
- 3+ years related experience
- Knowledge of implementation and configuration of enterprise systems
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management skills, including planning, organizing and managing resources
- Technical knowledge of programming languages including SQL
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.