Working out of our Waterloo, Ontario location, the Software Architect will be a key member of the core Software Development team creating SaaS Platform software products and guiding projects to completion. You will have technical ownership for your functional areas and understanding of customer problems and how they can be turned into solutions, and will be engaged in the research, development, delivery, 3rd line support and systems maintenance processes.
- Key member of the core Software Development team creating and supporting platform of software products and services.
- Design and build innovative solutions that can solve complex problems in the real-time, high volume, transactional multi-tenant SOA/SaaS environment.
- Code new projects and maintain existing projects, while adhering to software development policies.
- Research, development, delivery, 3rd line support and systems maintenance.
- Act as a team leader and the main point of contact for major architectural issues. Provide guidance and support to the development team.
- Work with cross-product, cross-functional teams in a cutting-edge technical environment to resolve complicated issues.
- Technical ownership for your functional areas and understanding of customer problems and how they can be turned into solutions.
- Gather information on industry standards and software technologies and tools.
- May be required to work overtime/on-call to meet business demands.
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering and a minimum of 10 – 15 years of experience in software development or architecture.
- Exposure to cloud computing and SOA (Services Oriented Architecture).
- Passionate and innovative, with strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Commitment to good “clean code” development practices, including source control, bug tracking, object-oriented design, and developer-driven testing.
- Strong customer satisfaction orientation and understanding of SLAs covering execution, delivery and 3rd line support and maintenance.
- Strong focus on quality, reliability, sustainability and scalability.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across multiple departments in different degrees of technical detail.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Software Architect” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-419-8495.