Linux Systems Administrator
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing organization? We are looking for an individual to join our team and be part of the excitement and growth at The Descartes Systems Group Inc.! We are currently seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our IT Operations Team.
- Responsible, as a member of the team, for internal and customer-facing applications in a 24/7 environment.
- Design, implementation, maintenance, documentation and support of production systems and services.
- Automate tasks and processes in Bash, Perl, Ruby or other high-level languages.
- Set-up, configure and troubleshoot services such as Apache, ProFTP.
- Work closely with Operations, Engineering, Development and other service delivery departments.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- College diploma or university degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Three years of hands-on, verifiable Linux experience.
- Experience setting up and maintaining modern Linux services, Linux clustering technologies and Postgres databases.
- Hands-on experience with Tomcat based web services.
- Hands-on experience with standard Linux services such as DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, SMTP, NTP, etc.
- Ability to set up and maintain FTP, SMB, and LVM connections.
- Good understanding of security functions (proxies, firewalls, encryption and certificates).
- Strong knowledge of Puppet, GIT, and Vagrant to manage server deployment, configuration and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of Zabbix monitoring and ability to create templates.
- Certification(s) for Linux type environments would be an asset.
- Understanding of EDI and XML processes would be an asset.
- Customer service-oriented and solution driven.
- Excellent and proven verbal and written communication and consensus-building skills.
- Excellent project/task management skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple concurrent projects and/or tasks.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Responsible and accountable for the work we do as a team.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “Linux Systems Administrator” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-419-8495.