At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager, Development – Individual Life and Savings & Retirement Systems
Department: Individual and Savings & Retirement IT
We are looking for someone that is inspired and brings new ideas forward while rolling up their sleeves to help in every aspect of project delivery.
Individual Life and S&R Systems covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery for applications supporting the Individual Life and Savings & Retirement lines of business. Your activities will include designing, developing, documenting, testing and implementing changes to our core systems while working closely with business partners, business analysts and IT staff. This individual should have an innovative mindset, excellent communication skills and the ability to navigate internal structure quickly.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a passion for technology and designing solutions to meet our business needs
- You think boldly, but act measuredly
- You are a team oriented bridge builder
- You have enough experience to have been-there, done-that, but not enough to be afraid of new tricks
- You thrive being a strong, analytical problem solver with a whole lot of common sense and practicality
What you’ll do:
- Design and program high-performance, scalable applications and database solutions
- Work closely with Business Systems Analysts and Quality Assurance staff
- Analyze production system problems and recommend workable solutions
- Investigate and solve production problems with minimal to no guidance
- Make recommendations when new technologies should be used
What you’ll need:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- A strong technical background with at least 2-5 years of experience in:
Microsoft .NET Framework using C# and/or VB.NET
Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL
- Understanding of functional and object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience creating backend .NET web services development using C#
- Experience with XML and related technologies like XSD, SOAP, WSDL, Web API
- A mentality of striving to achieve releases early and adding additional functionality to the releases or pushing code early.
- Highly motivated team player as well as a strong individual contributor
- Effective verbal and written communications, with an ability to effectively convey information, concepts and ideas to others
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
- Experience in developing ASP.Net MVC web applications, using Entity Framework
- A working knowledge of file security, SQL security, and windows authentication
- Experience with Microsoft COM using VB6 and VBA
- Previous financial services industry background beneficial
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.