Who We are and What We do
AceAge Inc. is a healthcare technology company, creating intuitive products to ease the aging process and improve healthcare outcomes. Our product is Karie - a personal health companion that organizes, schedules, and dispenses pills with one-button technology, ensuring that patients are taking the right medication at the right time. We believe in simple health tools for better health outcomes.
As a healthcare technology start-up, we thrive on innovation and technological advancement. We are currently working on other initiatives, including our I2P2 study with CABHI and the implementation of applied facial recognition!
Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, our Software Developer will build and design globally-distributed systems, create innovative solutions that streamline technological processes, as well as implement new features and strategically plan for future products. This is a truly unique opportunity that focuses on achieving leading technologically-advanced operations. As a Software Developer, you will empower our ability to scale, to grow, to learn, and most importantly, to develop technologies with the goal of improving patient health and outcomes.
What is in it for You?
Cutting Edge Technology - At AceAge, we are building teams that are able to apply the latest technologies.
Fulfillment - By joining and helping build our team, you will be applying your skills and knowledge for a cause. You will help aging individuals to age in place, to empower users, and improve health outcomes!
Career Growth - This is only the beginning! At AceAge, we value every member of our team. We want you to grow with us, so we will provide you with the time, resources, and guidance you need to make your career a rewarding one.
Who We are Looking For
A software developer who is well versed in designing and building scalable web services and solving complex, distributed systems problems. A hard work ethic with the ability to adapt to change and excel in a competitive environment will be an asset. A keen interest in a growth opportunity and rewarding role in a forward-thinking operation.
Duties and Responsibilities of the J.O.B
- Design and build globally-distributed systems
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Maintain existing computer products by making modifications as required
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions
- Participate in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond
- Enforce continuous improvement and best practices
- Participate in the technological advancement of our company by researching and proposing new technologies and innovative solutions
- Collaborate with developers, designers, system admins, and customers in order to tailor solutions and services to their needs and requirements
Bring It On
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science
- Experience building and deploying multi-tenant applications in different global markets (e.g. EU and NA) is preferred
- 4+ years experience designing and building web applications, web services, or developing large software systems
- 2+ years experience working modern cloud infrastructure or related IT systems (preferably Azure)
- 1+ years experience with relational database tools and query language (SQL)
- Experience developing software for pharmacy or medical technologies is considered an asset but is not required
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Equity Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Working environment that breeds energy and excitement!
- Like the market we are dedicated to serving, we are a company that cares about our employees and want you to be happy inside and outside of the office
- Option to work remotely given project specs
- Constant high-fives
The first 6 months will be based in our Waterloo office at the Accelerator Centre. After an initial 6 month period, the position may be moved to our Burlington office. At that point, travel to Burlington will vary from week-to-week based on project requirements, and would allow for some working days from home.
If you feel you meet most or all of our qualifications we are seeking and you are excited about the potential of growing and advancing with us, please email your resume and cover letter to Carlin Friedrich, Human Resources Manager.
AceAge is an equal opportunity Employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process.
Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.