About The Role:
VectorVue is a Canadian technology company providing products and consulting services within the ERP eco-system. We’re seeking an experienced SAP ABAP Developer to design, develop and deliver custom solutions. The role will require onsite work in Downtown Toronto (during regular business hours Monday – Friday). This is a fulltime position. To be considered for this position, you must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and enforcement of programming standards.
- Participate in Code Reviews.
- Evaluate, implement, and support new developments/enhancements.
- Develop functional specifications associated with system enhancements as required
- Develop and maintain programs using SAP development tools (ABAP, SAPScript, iDocs, BAPI, RFC).
- Work with our Scrum master/project manager and Business Analysts to do code development and production fixes
- Ensure deliverables are complete, produced to schedule and budget and meet the quality specified by your manager.
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvements for the ABAP and the functional team
- Participate in SAP implementations and/or upgrades and data conversion as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Provide recommendations to senior management on technical issues.
- Adhere to our change management processes.
- Responsible for production support as well as project implementations in the Sales & Distribution (SD), FI, FICA modules.
- Gather and analyze business requirements and provide solutions related to SD.
- Provide production support for the SD module and interfaces to FI, MM and BI.
- Collaborate with internal SAP team members.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of SAP ABAP development - Strong technical skills in all areas of the ABAP Workbench. Performance tuning SAP code, Dialog programming, ABAP Objects, Enhancements, analyzing ABAP logs, dumps, SPDD, SPAU upgrades etc. Experience researching SAP OSS Notes.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in ABAP programming, SAP data dictionary and file structures, SAP ADI, ALE and in customizing iDocs, BAPI’s and interface using RFC calls is required.
- Experience supporting SAP SD, FI, FICA is required. Strong experience in Media Sales and Distribution will be a plus.
- Integration experience with 3rd party systems using HTML 5, EDI, Web services etc.
- Detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated and innovative
- A drive for continuous process improvement
- Able to communicate effectively with internal support team and external customers and partners as required
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated accuracy with reports and projects, analytical aptitude and strong attention to detail
- Strong teamwork, verbal, written, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas, and answer inquiries
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people with a clear vision of client and business needs
- Ability to participate on multi-disciplinary work teams to achieve successful execution of complex implementation projects