Interested in helping cars start talking to each other for collision avoidance? Does the thought of building tools to secure communications between millions of devices excite you? Do you want to make the world a better place? Then you might be a good fit for our team. We are out to make a difference and have fun doing it. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and local charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
You are an experienced and motivated professional with a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering or another related discipline. You have a proven track record of getting the job done. When you take on a task, you deliver. You work hard, but you also understand how to keep things in balance and have a good time. You love a challenge and you hate to give up. You treat the impossible as an invitation to try. You are ready to jump into any problem and build a best-in-class solution. Innovation is in your nature and you would not have it any other way. You never stop learning and trying new things.
You are a software developer at the top of your game. You design and build software for embedded systems that perform well and are easy to use. Your efforts and design decisions will be key to our product success.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
You will be responsible for creating great products, exploring novel uses for our current technologies, and developing new technologies to add to our portfolio. You will explore new ways to improve our software development processes. You will set and maintain best practices for design and development and keep pace with rapid growth. You will contribute to the technical vision of the company.
You will work within the development team, collaborating with developers, product management, support teams and others. You will interact with our customers and partners, providing on-site support and integration and understanding technical requirements and constraints. Your prime role will be the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications in support of ESCRYPT’s business strategies. Possibilities are endless, so what can you bring to the team?
- Design and implement software systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Review architecture and high level designs with team members
- Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Contribute to successful completion of project deliverables
- Accept responsibility and ownership for special projects as assigned
- Travel in support of the above as required
Want to learn more about products developed at ESCRYPT Waterloo? Explore the links below:
- Perfectly Keyless: https://youtu.be/btBrfIrJNCI
- CycurACCESS: https://www.escrypt.com/en/products/cycuraccess
- In the news: Bosch V2X demonstration - ITS America June 2018 https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2018/06/05/bosch-develops-driver-warning-system/671125002/
- CycurV2X: https://www.escrypt.com/en/products/cycurV2X
- CycurV2X-SCMS: https://www.escrypt.com/en/products/cycruv2x-scms
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/ESCRYPT
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/escrypt/
- Website - https://www.escrypt.com/en
- 5+ years experience working in a professional software development role
- High attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- A professional attitude and are comfortable working independently and interacting with customers
- Ample experience with C and C++ development
- Experience developing for numerous platforms
- Experience developing on embedded platforms
- Experience and possess perseverant tracing and debugging savvy
- Experience with test automation tools and techniques
- Advanced knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, automated testing and terminology
- Effective interpersonal skills and you are recognized by peers and superiors as collaborative, detail-oriented, analytical, and perseverant
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and cooperate with team members to resolve technical problems
- You are a team player and a demonstrated self-starter who requires little supervision and thrives in a challenging environment
- Back-end development experience
- Mobile development experience for Android and/or iOS
- Web development experience with large scale web deployments
- Good understanding of software security, cryptography, and public key infrastructure systems
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Experience as a scrum master a bonus
- Experience working in the automotive domain
- Experience with any of the following:
- Google Cloud, Google Test
- iOS, ISO-26262
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.