Interested in helping cars start talking to each other for collision avoidance? Does the thought of building tools to secure communications between millions of devices excite you? Do you want to make the world a better place? Then you might be a good fit for our team. We are out to make a difference and have fun doing it. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and local charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
As a Backend Software Developer at ESCRYPT Waterloo, you will be working on solving tomorrow’s problems today. By joining the team that is at the forefront of the exciting new advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) technologies, you will be working with some very talented people and you’ll be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. We will combine our security expertise and automotive know-how alongside your expertise in backend technologies to deliver solutions that will drive the Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communications industry.
About the job
It is an exciting time to join us as the industry is currently transitioning to bring V2X technology into deployable production ready systems. We are positioned to be one of the leading providers and are actively working towards keeping that position.
You will be joining the CycurV2X-SCMS scrum team that is developing a Secure Credential Management System (SCMS) solution that will be used across the globe to service millions of vehicles. The team is a highly efficient and collaborative agile team that works together to develop a product they can be proud of. If you want to join a team that is open, collaborative, innovative, and at the forefront of technology, then this is the team for you.
As an experience backend developer:
- You are focused on putting the customer first
- You have expertise in building scalable and reliable multi-server solutions, designing and implementing databases, and knowledge about the best technologies to use to solve problems
- Your ability to evaluate what works best and what doesn’t; having the confidence and ability in making the correct decisions
- You have a quality centric approach and are not satisfied with solutions that ‘just work”, but strive to create the best solution possible
- Continuous communication and highly developed teamwork skills are a must
- 2+ years of experience with C# and .NET/.NET Core
- Minimum bachelor's degree in software related field
- Understanding of server design patterns and best practices
- Proficiency with CI/CD for backend systems
- Proficiency with deployments in both cloud environments and customer sites
- Unit testing, Integration testing, System and Product testing
- Load & Performance testing
- SQL and database design
Want to really wow us? Experience in the following are a plus:
- Load & Performance testing
- Docker with Kubernetes
- REACT or other frontend technologies
- JIRA, Confluence
- Microsoft AZURE or Amazon AWS
- jFrog Artifactory
Musings from a 4 year employee
I have a lot of creative work and flexibility. I have variety in the type of work I do. My hours are mine to distribute as I see the need and based on how I can help the team. I have the ability to work with a variety of teams. We use processes that allow us to innovate or kill quickly
- David G.
Observations from a new employee
I enjoy working at Escrypt because of the collaborative atmosphere where teams collectively solve challenging problems. I appreciate how the work we put in delivers a smarter, safer future. Most of all, I love how the people here are not only intelligent and fun, but also personable, and honest.
- Joyce Y.
Want to learn more about products developed at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
Explore links below
Perfectly Keyless : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btBrfIrJNCI
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.