Are you interested in IOT, 5G, AI and other evolving technologies?
Do you have a passion for exploring new technologies and building working prototypes?
Do you have a strong desire in researching and working with new technologies?
Do you like to solve business problems with technology?
We are looking for dynamic individuals that like to explore and research new technologies, have a passion for innovation and learning, and like to build and conceive solutions that solve real business problems.
ZTR is an industry leader in Industrial IOT solutions and has been in business for over 30 years. The Advanced Concept Group is focused on driving advanced research of technologies and supporting innovation to solve real industry needs.
ZTR has been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for three consecutive years! The program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
ZTR is continuously growing and offers a very competitive benefit package and an innovative flexible environment that promotes continual learning, personal growth and development.
- Work on projects that research, prototype and test the limits of new technologies.
- Research and identify new technologies and potential partners.
- Participate in technology conferences and local technology events.
- Present new ideas, research, technologies and concepts to others.
- Work closely with partners, technology advisors and vendors to conceive new solutions, products and services.
- Effectively work with internal development teams to drive and support innovation.
- Prepare reports, documents and presentations on research.
- Build prototypes and test concepts in the field.
- Review business applications and problems, and apply technology solutions.
- Travel to customer sites to understand customer needs and challenges.
- Propose business models that support technology implementation.
- Lead research and development projects to on-time completion
- Optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Able to articulate your approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration
- Know the difference between "good" and "great" and are able to navigate team dynamics, clients and timelines
- A life-long learner that stays informed of new technologies as well as research and industry trends
- An effective communicator, written and verbal; can speak in front of a crowd and present your ideas while supporting others
- A skilled software developer with demonstrated C/C++ embedded and application software experience
- Comfortable with board-level hardware and mechanical integration
- Are inquisitive and can ask the hard questions and are able to see the larger picture
- Can understand business concepts and can build business models
- Able to build strong working relationships with coworkers, partners, clients, vendors, etc.
- Seen as resourceful, with experience in finding new products, new products, and new ideas
- Flexible, understanding that not every idea is a winner and continue to drive towards success. Are able to develop prototypes working with others if necessary.
- Are able to manage a project on time and on budget. You can lead a team and/or project.
- 5+ Years in an active software development role using C/C++ as well as other industry standard programming languages, ex., Java
- Hardware and mechanical experience is desired
- Experience or desire to learn about mobile application development is an asset
- Demonstrated skills in product/solution innovation and critical thinking
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Engineering or a related field
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.