We all know that electricity is cheap at night and expensive during the day, but it's actually not that simple. The true cost of power is very cheap almost always, but extremely expensive for short 5-min intervals. At EnPowered, we predict when these price spikes happen in advance, and help our customers to reduce their usage when electricity is expensive to save up to 93% on their energy costs. EnPowered is already live in Ontario and is expanding into new markets, we are looking to grow the team to continue helping our customers save over $40M per year while also helping with the transition to the future electricity grid.
Our core team of seven employees has built out our Ontario business, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into other North American markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own a project, you will fit right in! We are located in the awesome Communitech building in downtown Kitchener-Waterloo (there’s a ping-pong table and a slide) and we often have fun team outings on Fridays.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer (full-time) to lead the development of a demand response and a real-time energy purchasing service attached to our existing Energy Portal in the North American energy market. This portal will be loaded with features that enable customers to track their costs, savings, and usage.
What you’ll do
- Own the development of features for two new products being offered to our customers
- Build new features to support our customers in collaboration with the development team
- Help to design features for the portal that can be deployed to production with minimal maintenance and support
- Build and enhance APIs to be clean, fast, and simple for third-party integration
- Translate UI mock-ups to front-end code
Who you are
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another closely related field
- You have built and maintained sophisticated and impressive web applications
- You are a team player, are creative, have a positive attitude, and are able to work independently
- You have experience and/or are comfortable managing team members and delegating tasks
- You are open to leading a team of developers in the near future
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting atmosphere that is located in one of the coolest offices in Kitchener-Waterloo
What we offer
- EnPowered has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In addition, please let us know if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process.