This position involves being part of a dynamic team environment responsible for designing, developing, configuring and supporting software solutions to meet business requirements.
Primarily focused on our Customer Support systems which include ServiceNow, ZenDesk, Siebel and Heat ITSM. Typical activities include delivering feature enhancements; migrating legacy support system data and providing 3rd level support. System users include employees, customers and partners.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Translate and validate business requirements and transfer into functional/technical requirement documents working within the framework of the tools available
- Interact with Business representatives to ensure their requirements are being met
- Develop solutions to meet the business requirements while meeting time and cost constraints
- Participate in the migration of data from acquired systems into OpenText systems
- Contribute to the evaluation/execution of system upgrades
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (requirements, design, code, unit test, implementation)
- Adhere to IT Change Management and best practices
- Investigate and fix advanced (3rd level) application issues
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A bachelor’s degree, college diploma or equivalent experience in software development
- An aptitude to learn new technology quickly
- An aptitude to deeply understand business processes
- 2+ years of development/configuration experience on at least one Customer Support system
- Development experience working with Microsoft SQL, MySQL and/or Oracle PL-SQL
- Experience working with Web Services (RESTful and/or SOAP)
- Development experience in other languages would be beneficial
- Effective documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to handle multiple streams of work effectively
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.