One-year contract with benefits (potential for full-time permanent)
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Read more about the OUAC.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The OUAC is seeking a Programmer/Analyst II to work on a team to produce detailed program design; code; test; debug; document and implement software requests for enhancements or repairs to existing programs; and develop new systems or modules.
- Analyze requirements of software modifications and determine the most effective solution
- Write software programs or modules to support various online applications
- Write queries and develop reports to support various business functions
- Participate in software testing and implementation
- Participate in solving issues reported by internal and external customers
- Develop quality code quickly and consistently to meet deadlines
- Work effectively with other teams throughout the software development life cycle
- University or college graduate in computer science or equivalent
- Mid-level programming skills in developing web solutions for enterprise applications
- Must demonstrate strong and recent PHP and OO experience and a willingness to learn other languages
- Strong expertise with SQL (Oracle, DB2 or similar RDBMS)
- Experience with a major framework, such as Zend Framework, Laravel, Code Igniter, etc. would be a significant asset
Abilities/Skills for the Ideal Candidate:
- Strong analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys tackling a challenge and developing skills
- Proven ability to develop quality code within agreed timelines
Qualifications Considered an Asset:
- Experience with web security and/or OWASP
- Experience with development of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant applications
- Experience with statistical or reporting tools
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft
- Experience with TrustedLink or other EDI technologies
- Bilingual (English and French)
Please submit your cover letter and resume as 1 file (PDF preferred).
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.