Sales & Business Development/App Developer
- Newman Human Resources Consulting
- Kitchener Waterloo
- Based on experience
- Job Function
- Marketing, Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Our client in Kitchener/Waterloo offers financial coaching services to educate people about money, help them understand their financial situation, give them a new perspective on their finances, and assist them in setting financial goals.
Our client’s new web app allows people to independently manage their finances and set goals using the company’s wealth management concepts. Opportunities exist for businesses to brand the web app and use it to connect with their customers.
We have a unique opportunity for someone who is a coder by trade and has a passion for business development. This hybrid role combines Business Development and Application support. There is also the potential to take this product further as an entrepreneur.
As the Sales and Business Development Manager, you will be creating the marketing and sales strategy for the company to grow, for both the B2B market and for developing the web app as a SAAS product. You will analyze the on-line presence of the app as an SAAS product. On a day to day basis, you will be engaging with consumers, business owners, entrepreneurs, marketers, and financial advisors via e-mail, social media, phone and video conferencing as well as attending events and exhibitions in the financial services industry. Your primary objective is to introduce and educate potential clients on the benefits of this money management tool.
You will be instrumental in generating leads, identifying potential clients and executing marketing campaigns. In this role, you will also be following up with inbound leads, contacting outbound leads, conducting webinars, and traveling to meet clients in person. You should be able to understand clients’ specific needs and build a genuine and strong relationship with clients setting up a natural path to renew in the near future.
Application Development Overview
As the app has already been developed, you will be required to learn and understand the application as developed, to provide maintenance and system updates.
Why work with us?
- High income potential
- Opportunity to build a business
- Flexible work arrangements
Sales Development Responsibilities:
- Generate, qualify and close new sales opportunities via phone calls, e-mail campaigns, online demo, on-site visit or other methods
- Be customer-focused and build trusted relationships with key individuals at financial institutions and other organizations
- Respond to any incoming sales requests
- Perform product demos
- Negotiate contract, price and formalize agreements
- Stay on top of product development on a regular basis
- Attend industry events
- Stay current with market conditions (including competition) and communicate internally
Application Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Installs updates to app
- Provide coding to ensure app is compatible with other technologies
- 3 to 5 years sales experience, ideally in the tech industry
- 1 or 2 years of successful solution selling (such as CRM, Digital Marketing or DMS)
- Knowledge of financial industry technology preferred
- Love technology and be very web-savvy. You have a smartphone and are active on social media
- Strong ‘hunter’ skills to identify new opportunities; great closing skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to maintain long-term relationships and be customer focused
- Ability to build relationships with partners
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and have the ability to work independently as well as with others
- Resourceful and well connected
Application Development Requirements:
- Proven hands-on experience with secure coding techniques
- Experience with GIT revision control, Python and Django preferred
- Organization and analytic skills, with strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram, and to illustrate a written process description as a workflow diagram
- Ability to understand business requirements & develop appropriate automation solutions to enhance user experience
- Excellent documentation writing skills
- Experience in an Agile Development model
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance through any part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be pleased to accommodate your request.