Security Governance and Risk Analyst - Senior
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Working in the Global Information Security team, the Senior Governance and Risk Analyst will be expected to understand a wide array of IT security controls, processes and concepts. The Senior Analyst will provide extensive effort researching and writing security policies, understanding data protection strategies, and organizing policy documentation for the entire organization. The role will also be required to apply risk review concepts in support of audit controls for ISO27001, SOC1, and SOC2 on the Open Text Commercial platforms. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, governance models, commercial platform processing, risk models, security controls, security audits and other common IT and security domain concepts.
You are great at:
- Leading efforts on behalf of the Global Information Security (GIS) team to service and support governance and risk management initiatives
- Applying security policy and risk assessments to Open Text business units
- Managing security vendors and vendor contracts on behalf of GIS
- Managing the organization security communications program
- Synchronizing complex policy clauses with other Information Security requirements regarding audit/compliance and risk management
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar degree, or equivalent experience preferred. CISA, CISM, CISSP or other IT certifications preferred.
- 5+ years in security compliance, risk and governance
- Knowledge of merger and acquisition processes and ability to analyze security risk for M&A activities
- Strong inter-personal skills are required to work across multiple internal teams and to handle customer interface meetings on security related topics. Ability to write clear and concise polices and communications that are easily consumed by a large target audience
- Familiar with commonly used information security concepts, best practices and standard procedures
- Knowledge of security controls, and governance and risk management frameworks
- Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing environment
- Is resourceful in knowing how to research requirements and find information for documentation purposes
- Audit framework knowledge for ISO27001, SOC1 & SOC2 desired
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work alone with minimal supervision effectively and efficiently
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com