Verda is a funded cannabis technology startup based in Waterloo Ontario. We envision a world where consumers can purchase cannabis conveniently and safely through technology and operational excellence.
We are looking for a creative problem solver who loves finding innovative solutions to difficult challenges, someone who approaches problems from all angles and always strives to find the best solutions.
Here at Verda you will be working as part of our team trying to revolutionize the cannabis industry by changing the way users browse and purchase cannabis products. You will work in coordination with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain our Web platforms. You must be comfortable working as part of a team, while being self-initiated and adaptive.
Your tasks at Verda, as part of the Web development team would include:
- Working alongside the product team to extend the capabilities of our existing Web platforms; including new features, optimization, and maintenance
- Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Ensuring Cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility
- Writing production grade code in Vue.js
- Using front end build tools such as Gulp, Webpack, etc
- Unit testing
- Using NoSQL DB in API's
- Integrating with external API’s and making calls to databases.
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ Years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills are required within our development team. Collaboration and teamwork are crucial.
- 1-2 Years of relevant experience with front end technologies like Angular or Vue.js
- Experience with Node and npm/yarn
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience in Computer Science
- Responsive web design experience
- SQL or NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with GCP is a plus
Perks and Benefits
- Salary + Equity in a high growth start-up
- Generous vacation time and holidays
- Flexible work hours with the option to work from home
- Great location in Waterloo with great networking, a foosball table, a Pac-man machine, and unlimited free coffee!
- Occasional off-sites / team retreats