Gore Mutual has embarked on an agile journey to reshape how we create and evolve software, enabling a more dynamic response and delivery of value to our customers.
We are looking for an energetic, resourceful, self-motivated Data Platform Engineer who will work within cross functional agile teams. As our Data Platform Engineer, you will be focused on the automation of our applications, systems and environments, ensuring that they are exceeding the needs of our engineering team and business stakeholders.
- Deploy and administer the physical, virtual and cloud-based data platforms used by Gore Mutual (currently Microsoft SQL).
- Own internal database infrastructure and clusters (data, compute, connectivity and security)
- Maintain and improve the security and robustness of Gore Mutual's core software data platforms
- Maintain and evolve business continuity systems and capabilities
- Develop and enhance SSRS and SSIS packages to support business processes and reporting needs
- Create and leverage automation and scripted deployments to reduce manual work.
- Maintain and evolve business continuance systems and capabilities through successfully managing capacity and availability of the data platform.
- Evolve and assess new technologies in collaboration with software engineering teams to identify ongoing roadmap
- Create tools for validating our software engineering platforms
- Maintain close relationships with engineers and other stakeholders
What are we looking for?
- Minimum one-year experience as a Database Administrator, Data Platform Engineer, Data Engineer, or related field
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with multiple data platforms and modern data technologies (specifically Microsoft SQL)
- Previous experience managing distributed cloud platforms through configuration, deployment, and lifecycle management automation tools
- Demonstrated understanding of virtualized infrastructure, containers and infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approached to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process required
- Experience with performance and/or security testing considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities, enabling creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization