About the role:
As a Data Engineer at Kiite, you will collaborate with our talented and fast-moving team of Engineers. In this role, you will play an integral part in developing and directly impacting the various ways our customers experience and use our product.
If you are a passionate and solutions oriented Data Engineer who welcomes challenges in fast-paced environments, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll:
- Design data-centered infrastructure
- Develop data pipelines and workflows to automatically, train, evaluate and publish models
- Translate business needs into data engineering and architecture solutions
- Design and implement simple models
- Automate manual processes and optimize data delivery
- Research and discover new methods to acquire data, and new applications of existing data
- Collaborate with teammates to understand internal requirements and design tools and workflow, while recommending best practices and solutions
What we’re looking for:
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the qualifications listed below - we’re particularly interested in someone that learns quickly, so if you only meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- 3+ years of Data Engineering experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent practical experience
- Experienced in building data pipelines and infrastructure
- Some experience in developing data models from the ground up
- Familiarity with TensorFlow, Pytorch, or equivalent (experience using AWS or Google Cloud Storage a plus)
- Experience working with mid-size teams in an agile development process
- Self starter who takes initiative; owning a project from start to finish
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Workplaces are changing; new employees have more complex needs, want more personalized and frequent interactions, while also demanding more independence and changing jobs more frequently. Companies can’t survive the future of work with yesterday’s management practices. Kiite uses machine learning and natural language processing to give employees more autonomy and be dramatically more productive.
Kiite emerged from the founding team of TribeHR and our founding team includes deep roots in the HR technology space including employment and investments in NetSuite, Oracle, Rypple, Dayforce, and Axonify. We’re a team that’s dedicated to building extraordinary workplaces, and we’d like you to join us. We care deeply about inclusion & diversity - we’ve written about it, spoken about it, and live it
The Environment & Benefits:
- Located in Uptown Waterloo, in the Communitech Data Hub | Office is wheelchair accessible|
- Flex hours & unlimited vacation
- 100% Paid, premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Our team is almost 50% women and almost 50% visible minority
- We work together in an agile environment
- Kiite means “listen” in Japanese, which is apt for a company improving management