At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms like KPCB, Craft, Thiel Capital and more, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
Terminal is seeking an Engineering Manager to drive further success of our business. This person will build an agile group of engineers that will work on strategic initiatives for clients with the opportunity to join a client team full-time. In this role, you'll lead a team of 5 - 10 engineers, working closely with your direct reports, product managers, designers, and client engineering teams at the fastest growing startups in technology. Our team culture rewards a bias for action, engineering partnership in defining the product, and discipline in how we develop. You’ll thrive in our team if you love chasing impact, working through ambiguity, and developing a culture of innovation.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You will develop a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Terminal's values
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You will set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- You will help your team members thrive working for different clients - you will feel satisfaction when a team member “graduates” to a client full time and you will be excited to recruit more team members to fill the left gaps
What We Are Looking For:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience with an engineering team
- Experience as a software developer
What You Have:
- Collaborative mindset - at Terminal we solve problems together and collaborate to get the best outcomes for our candidates and clients
- Integrity - you are honest and trustworthy and invested in our mission to both help build exceptional teams and provide opportunities to high quality candidates
- Resourcefulness - You adapt to changing priorities and are proactive in identifying, defining, and solving problems
- Passion for building teams, growing careers, and inspiring people to do the best work of their lives in growing venture backed companies
- Exceptional communications skills: written and verbal
What You’ll Get:
- An early spot at a fast-growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies
- Exposure to early-stage companies; You will help ensure a team is successful for the next big thing
- Competitive compensation, equity and benefits
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.