At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms like KPCB, Craft, Thiel Capital and more, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
Terminal is seeking a Director of Talent Operations to drive further success of our global Talent team and bring meaningful insights to the business. This person will work as a strategic pillar to the Talent organization by bringing efficiency, effectiveness and consistency to support the achievement of business goals.
This individual will own coordinating the implementation of talent operations, using our data to run regular metrics and reporting, optimize processes, work to resolve operational insufficiencies and partner with our talent leadership team to evolve our hiring process. The role requires a global mindset and the ability to evaluate, lead and implement a wide range of projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee management and implementation of key recruiting systems
- Contribute to global recruiting strategy with the aim to make it more disciplined and precise as related to technology, tools, workflows and data delivery
- Launch new initiatives that can scale in a hypergrowth and global environment
- Partner to develop systems training for recruiters and teams
- Continuously seek out ways to enhance the candidate, client and recruiter experience, optimize recruiting operating model and be innovative in approach
- Provide a data & impact-driven approach to any program creation
- Develop business cases, project charters, and prepare executive updates and communication as needed
- Maintain a risk management focus, anticipate potential challenges and issues, consulting with talent on solutions before escalation
What We Are Looking For:
- 8+ years of operations experience within talent acquisition & ATS System
- 2+ years of people management experience, preferably in recruiting or talent operations
- Experience optimizing operational processes and setting up systems to support the overall needs of the business
- Experience partnering with a wide range of internal or external stakeholders
- Global talent operations, optimization and program management experience
- Deep experience using data to produce insights for leadership team
- Expert knowledge of talent systems/tools and high technical aptitude
What You Have:
- Collaborative mindset - at Terminal we solve problems together and collaborate to get the best outcomes for our candidates and clients
- Integrity - you are honest and trustworthy and invested in our mission to both help build exceptional teams and provide opportunities to high quality candidates
- Resourcefulness - You adapt to changing priorities and are proactive in identifying, defining, and solving problems
- Passion for building teams, growing careers, and inspiring people to do the best work of their lives in growing venture backed companies
- Exceptional communications skills: written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
What You’ll Get:
- An early spot at a fast-growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies
- Exposure to early-stage companies; You will help ensure a team is successful for the next big thing
- Competitive compensation, equity and benefits
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.