PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that have a true impact on people’s lives. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. PointClickCare is a dynamic environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. We’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. And yes, we are an engineering company at heart. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
So what does a Software Engineer in Test at PointClickCare do?
We work in a cross-functional development team, and interact a lot with others to gather requirements, analyze testing needs, automate test cases, help troubleshoot production issues, and create better products for our customers. You will analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with other engineers to influence design and testability. We have an environment where good ideas win, and your ideas could help shape our product.
What does a typical day look like for a Software Engineer in Test?
- The majority of your day would be spent working with a cross-functional team of developers, product owners, and other quality analysts to specify, test, and deliver software products. They’re all great people to work with. Trust me.
- You will create and execute manual and automated test cases using our automated framework that is built on top of TestNG, Selenium Webdriver and other great technologies. The key here is to identify test scenarios that are critical and repetitive and automate them!
- You will also spend some time providing support replicating and troubleshooting production issues with the development team and opening/closing bugs using JIRA
- Explore non-functional areas such as perfromance, security and usability testing
- We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
- Time permitting, a game of Ping Pong, Pool or hitting the gym for some Crossfit!
- Have a look at a video by our Engineering department
What qualifications do you look for?
You’re a geek at heart and love to explore new tools and technologies.
Ideally we’re looking for someone with good experience in QA Automation who can apply QA best practices. Someone who has strong troubleshooting skills and can create test plans, test cases, and perform test automation.
We use Selenium to create our automated tests using Java and expect our QAs to code. Having this experience is our preference, but if you have good experience using any other Object Oriented Programming language, this could still be a good fit for you!
We also really like candidates that have experience applying Agile development/testing methodologies.
Experience using SQL is also very helpful.
For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering.
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.