Smile.io is looking for a Partner Manager to work from our Kitchener-Waterloo HQ. In this role, you will be responsible for developing & managing our agency partner relationships, including our strategic agency partners.
Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses. Our goal is to help businesses grow sustainably by allowing them to reward people for the right action, with the right reward, at the right time.
- Develop & maintain relationships with our strategic & standard agency partners.
- Foster relationships through consistent remote and onsite meetings & events with partners.
- These partnerships will result in client referrals to Smile, co-marketing campaigns with partners, events with partners, and other go-to-market initiatives.
- Maintain a quota of sales opportunities sourced from your partners.
- Represent Smile at events in North America - approximately once a month.
- Maintain high communication with all internal stakeholders at Smile. Educate Smile employees about how our partners can help our clients & industry trends
- Within 30 days develop in-depth knowledge of the eCommerce industry, Smile’s product, sales process, success process, support process, internal tools, and more.
- Within 3 weeks begin supporting our standard agency partners with their client referrals by following up with leads, answering sales questions, and developing standard agency partner revenue.
- Within 60 days develop candid relationships with 20 of our strategic agency partners & develop a pipeline of strategic channel revenue.
You are someone who:
- Enjoys developing skills in multiple facets of business: sales, account management, client success, and product development.
- Is a self-learner who can create direction and clarity in uncertain environments - you don’t always need someone to tell you what to do or what to know; you can figure out what to do and how to learn.
- Thinks long term and values deep-rooted business relationships. You don’t sacrifice the long term for short term results.
- Can think strategically & creatively to produce a solution for multiple parties when each has different goals and values.
- Is excited about cultivating strong internal relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Is able to understand technical concepts like APIs & SDKs.
- Has a history of performance in a metrics-driven environment.
- Is able to travel out of the country to visit partners on a monthly basis
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in strategic business development, partnerships, or a sales role.
- Have worked with a CRM tool like HubSpot or Salesforce before.
- Have had a job in the ecommerce market.
- Have experience at a fast-growing B2B SaaS company.
- Have experience thriving with semi-remote work
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.