Do you thrive on crafting just the right turn of phrase? Do you get a thrill out of searching for the best words to create an attention-grabbing headline? Do you have a passion for telling interesting stories? Does your dream job involve creating and managing content projects for driving demand each and every day? If so, look no further.
Axonify is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented and passionate Content Marketing Manager to help manage and execute on the company’s content marketing strategy. Reporting to the Director of Content & Digital Demand Generation, the Content Marketing Manager will embrace the role of corporate storyteller—authoring compelling articles, blog posts, case studies, eBooks, white papers, video scripts, web copy and any other marketing content that will help bring the Axonify brand to life and appeal to prospective customers.
Who we are:
We’re a Waterloo-based technology company that is disrupting corporate learning with Axonify—the world’s first Employee Knowledge Platform. Combining an award-winning approach to microlearning, innovative knowledge-on-demand capabilities, proven memory techniques, personalized learning methods and engaging gamification elements, Axonify is helping to build more knowledgeable workforces that drive business results for leading organizations, such as Walmart, Bloomingdale’s, Johnson & Johnson and Toyota.
What are the ingredients to our success? A strong leadership team, an industry-leading product, a culture built on trust and, most importantly, an extraordinary group of employees. By expanding our team with smart, talented and motivated people we will continue to lead the way in this new and exciting space.
- Lead the development of content initiatives to fuel our demand generation efforts
- Map out a content strategy that supports marketing objectives and evaluate and evolve it continually over time.
- Create original content, including articles, blog posts, case studies, eBooks, white papers, web copy, video scripts and more
- Support demand generation efforts by creating compelling email and social copy to promote various content assets
- Reimagine content pieces in various ways (e.g. turn a white paper into a series of articles)
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to generate content ideas
- Interview customers and industry experts to craft interesting content pieces
- Research background facts necessary to support short-form and long-form content projects
- Ensure all content reflects Axonify’s brand personality, and is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice
- Proofread/edit content created by various individuals to adhere to the Axonify voice
- Assist with updating the editorial calendar
- Keep up to date on industry, business and technology news
- Analyze content marketing results on a regular basis to continually create content that will entice sharing, drive traffic, attract links and new readers, as well as help drive qualified leads.
- University degree in English, Communications or Journalism
- Minimum of 5+ years of writing/marketing experience at a B2B organization
- Solid understanding of marketing practices and programs
- Superior writing, editing and interviewing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- You have an editorial mindset combined with business acumen. You are focused on understanding our target audiences, uncovering interesting story angles, researching and presenting relevant facts accurately and ethically, and creating content that will capture the attention of the right people.
- You are curious by nature. You love learning about interesting people, businesses, technologies and industries.
- You have laser-focused attention to detail and pride yourself on your ability to synthesize information, structure it clearly and write high-quality content in various forms.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, deadline-driven environment. You are comfortable shifting priorities to address changing needs, exhibit grace under pressure, and do whatever it takes to meet critical due dates.
- You have a passion for writing, language and storytelling and get pure enjoyment out of using the written word to communicate in a personable and professional tone.
- You are an excellent proofreader and editor and can spot a spelling, grammar or punctuation error instantly.
- You have experience writing various types of content in a B2B setting or media organization as well as an understanding of basic marketing principles.
- You feel comfortable ghostwriting pieces that will not display your byline.
- You are highly creative and know how to combine words and images to create compelling messages that resonate with prospects
- You have great interpersonal skills and a history of collaborating well with teammates to achieve common goals and overall company success.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who works well independently as well as part of a team. You can manage your own projects and deadlines as well as collaborate with others across the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
How to apply:
Please apply through BambooHR by clicking "Apply for this Job". Include a resume indicating the reference number MKT-175. Please also include 3 of your best writing samples. All applications will be kept confidential.