Senior Software Developer - Web
The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
We are looking for a top-notch Web App Developer passionate about using their talents to help people connect in new ways. Your contribution will be vital to our team, from helping drive iteration of our platform to delivering new features that will improve the lives of our users each and every day.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
Some of the things that other members of the team have done:
- Collaborate with design and product owners to rapidly experiment and iterate on our store
- Integrated a header bidding library to facilitate real time client-side auctioning for ad placement dramatically impacting revenue
- Built and launched the Mac and Windows app in the app store using electron
- Built automated tests and an automated release process, cutting the amount of time to release from days to a couple hours, allowing us to deliver a more consistent product while spending less time manually testing
- Migrate infrastructure from individual physical hosts in EC2 to a Dockerized ECS deployment keeping our team more focused on impacting the user and less on maintaining infrastructure
- Start our transition from Backbone/Marionette and Angular to React, leading the way for the platform to transition to modern frameworks that have a huge community behind them
- Build CI pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of Web App development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong fundamentals - you know your data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience with testing (mocha, jest, enzyme, etc.)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with CI systems such as Jenkins
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Professional development
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com