- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are a software company in a carrier world – changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
We’re looking for motivated Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to own back-end services, front-end services, infrastructure components, and everything in between. You’ll also be working closely with software engineers to set up continuous delivery to ensure quick and smooth feature deployment.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for maintaining and scaling production services and servers for complex and high throughput cloud services (AWS).
- You will improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance.
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale.
- Build tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices.
- You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start.
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible Text Now uptime and supporting the infrastructure.
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and experience working with open source software (such as MariaDB, Redis, HAProxy, Nginx)
- Experience working with MySQL databases
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with programming languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Fabric, Docker, etc.
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with deploying web apps to cloud infrastructure (AWS, etc.) and working with distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Impactful work
- Professional development
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com