Software Engineer, Front End
Why is this role important:
We are looking for a Front End Developer that is ready for their next challenge. If you’re a motivated self-starter that is passionate about the web and loves to craft clean, performant and consistent code that we’d love to speak to you! As a member of the development team you will be responsible for designing and implementing features on our flagship product in collaboration with a team of exceptional developers, product designers, and architects building on our digital workplace platform that continues to change the way our customers work!
We’re looking for an effective communicator with a positive attitude, a passion for learning and commitment to crafting great things for the web!
The Impact you'll have:
- Build: Using a modern stack such as React and a component-based design system to establish an ecosystem for other developers to leverage to build out new features and functionality
- Collaboration: Work closely with key internal teams to implement features within the platform to guide the technical direction of our web platform
- Research: Own the process of investigating tickets and determining the best possible solutions moving forward
- Creation: Have influence how features are implemented and know the work you do is used every day by our customers around the globe
- Learn: Developing a deep understanding of the Igloo platform and the latest web technologies with dedicated learning time and budgets for conferences and courses
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in a front end development role
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to problem solve and think both critically and creatively
- Understanding of the OWASP top 10 and mitigation strategies
- Working knowledge of modern web stack technologies (i.e. HTML5, CSS3, SASS)
- Working experience with React and a state library such as Redux
- Proficient in one of the following: Bootstrap, Foundation, Kube or equivalent experience with a major responsive web framework
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of ESNext (ES6/7+)
- Understanding of basic Web Accessibility(WCAG) guidelines
- NodeJS (latest LTS)
- Some Apache Velocity (legacy)
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats on payday, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes them most productive.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.