- Igloo Software
- Kitchener, Ontario
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Why this role is important:
As a Developer Advocate on the Developer Relations team you will work alongside a fabulous team of support and engineering professionals ensuring our customers and partners receive world class customer service while leveraging cutting edge tools and technology to move our mission and vision forward.
You’re a great fit for Developer Relations if you are passionate about cutting edge technology, helping customers and finding innovative ways to deliver the solutions that will help make our customers and partners successful.
The impact you’ll have:
- Responsible for the Developer Community, including creation and maintenance of Developer Knowledge Base, API Reference Library, Community Forums and Developer Program focused blogs.
- Working in close collaboration with the Engineering team to provide input, share customer feedback and implement customer focused best practices for building on the Igloo platform.
- Develop proof-of-concept enhancements and solutions for internal and external customers.
- Investigate Developer and Partner inquiries, and promptly and effectively respond to them via email or telephone.
- Troubleshooting issues customers may encounter when deploying custom code to their communities.
- Providing support to our 3rd-party developer Partners, helping to facilitate their success when building on the Igloo platform, assisting them in troubleshooting custom code and resolving any issues they may encounter.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Exceptional degree of follow-up and follow through on your deliverables
- Knowledge of Web standards and troubleshooting specific cross‐platform, cross‐browser issues
- Fundamental understanding of XML, C#, Python, React, Azure Cloud Services
- Comfortable writing standards compliant code snippets for inclusion in documentation
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with web development troubleshooting tools (ex. Google Chrome Developer Console)
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve and think creatively
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software: