Why join Igloo:
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, and expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content and conversation for a more productive and engaged workforce.
Why this role is important:
Igloo is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join their Cloud Technology Team. This role will report into the Senior Director of Security and Cloud Technologies and give you the opportunity to work with various different technologies in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be responsible for initiatives involving the evolution of Igloo’s SaaS cloud infrastructure. Your efforts will help pave Igloo’s Cloud Technology path forward involving infrastructure-as-code, networking, automation, monitoring, and deployment.
With your experience, you will be able to identify areas of opportunity and efficiency. You will be an advocate of automation and disruptor of manual processes. An understanding and appreciation of Cloud Operations is ingrained in your being. You’re resourceful but also know when to seek support from your team. Collaborating with various teams and comes naturally to you and you have seen successful projects through from initiation to close.
The impact you’ll have:
- Process Improvement: Continuous updates to deployment documentation as processes improve and change. Leverage industry best practices in defining and tuning appropriate on-demand and scalable cloud architectures
- Enablement: Enable cloud infrastructure with consistency and predictability. Treat infrastructure as code (IaC) to enable elasticity, repeatability, and velocity.
- Analytics: Information is key. Create cloud components that generate and consolidate data that enable pro-active and predictive operational insights.
- Cost: Cloud services can be readily consumed, but not free. Adoption of cloud services requires detailed knowledge of the service costs and predicted spend.
Design cloud components such that the costs are understandable and predictable.
- Teamwork: Work cross functionally with Engineering, Security, Support and even Marketing at times to deliver projects to specify, design, develop, test, and implement cloud components
- Problem Solve: Investigate and troubleshoot cloud component performance. Leverage your experience to find the root cause of defects and work to proactively address them
- Automate: Identify areas of opportunity to programmatically automate cloud deployment, administration, and monitoring tasks
- Project Work: Communicate and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders during deployment projects. Accurately scope project requirements and delivery timelines
What you’ll need:
- 5 years’ relevant experience in a customer-facing software development or SaaS organization
- 3 years’ relevant experience designing and operating cloud infrastructure and applications
- Experience with cloud IaaS, PaaS and with cloud microservice implementations
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex systems problems that includes capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives
- Experience migrating VM-based infrastructure to cloud-native services
- Strong Experience with PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform
- Ability to effectively manage occurrences of multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Self- starter with track record of initiating process improvement and automation
- Strong attention to detail
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Windows/CentOS, K8s, IIS, Kafka, Redis, Solr, F5, ELK, Jira, Stash, WAF, APM, SAML, LDAP, OAuth
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software: