Quality Assurance Analyst
Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges, and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners.
Recently named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for the fourth year in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Think testing is about mindlessly passing and validating requirements? Think again! At OCAS, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, customer-focused, and technology-minded software test professional to imitate our users and challenge our applications by exposing the ways they fail, and join our team as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in developing and supporting the technology that helps over 200,000 individuals every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college. You’ll be an integral member of our QA and Agile development teams, testing new features for our new and existing products as they’re built sprint-by-sprint. A self-starter, you’ll also have the ability to influence the direction of our team and our products.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
You share OCAS’ core QA values:
- We can test anything put in front of us whether or not we have requirements for it: a prototype, a design, a flowchart, an idea, or even actual software
- All software systems inherently have bugs and problems to be found
- A passing test suite is very worrisome; it means we haven’t worked hard enough to find bugs yet
- Automated test systems are only a piece of a successful test plan
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with team members, including testers, developers, product managers, and client services representatives, to build and execute test plans that rigorously test product functionality and expose potential failures
- Create tests within OCAS’ test automation framework and develop new features for our framework
- Raise awareness about issues discovered during testing, and work collaboratively with members of other departments to develop solutions
- Use the most appropriate tool or skill you have to solve a given testing problem, or learn a new one
You should have:
- 5+ years of expertise in a Software QA / Testing role, responsible for a project’s primary QA tasks
- A resume no longer than two pages, which clearly describes the interesting and unique ways you’ve improved product or process quality, and / or improved customer experience in the past
- Demonstrated continuous learning and personal growth in the software testing field
- A technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a similar discipline
- Experience contributing to successful test automation endeavors
- A curious mind that asks lots of questions and enjoys researching multiple perspectives before determining the best solution
- The ability to take divergent concepts, thoughts, and findings, and converge them into a clear, complete, and concise written or oral message
- An ability to identify and implement technical process improvements throughout software development lifecycle
- A resume that includes the word “potato" somewhere (We only want people applying who are reading the job description in detail. Including this random word helps prove that you are.)
- A love of working with different teams to achieve the common goal of building an amazing product that exceeds expectations
Desirable experience and credentials:
- Experience designing a custom test automation framework that scales well and can be easily maintained while the application under test grows and evolves
- Various testing strategies and methodologies, especially Session-Based Exploratory Testing
- Test scripting experience in Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, Appium, or other similar frameworks
- Jmeter, or other performance testing scripting languages
- Microsoft Azure DevOps / VSTS / VSO / TFS, JIRA, or another similar SDLC tool
- Microsoft Unit Testing Framework, NUnit, or Junit, or another similar test framework
Position Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance
Resumes and cover letters stating qualifications should be submitted to:
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2019
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.