Technical Solutions Specialist
Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers and revenue operations teams optimize yield. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
If you are an analytical, customer-focused, resourceful problem solver and are interested in obtaining a deep understanding of how large-scale websites generate revenue, you should consider joining Sortable as a Technical Solutions Specialist. Our Technical Solutions team is the link between our customers and the engineering teams. Few roles at Sortable have more opportunity to impact our revenue and company growth than those in Technical Solutions. This role provides an excellent opportunity for in-depth learning of a variety of tools and technologies, the world of online advertising, and what it’s like to be part of a fast growing startup.
What you’ll do
As a Technical Solutions Specialist (TSS), you will provide level 2 and 3 technical support for Sortable’s product both when onboarding new publishers and supporting them afterwards. Using multiple communication channels, you will:
- Use debugging tools to identify complex code-on-page issues
- Investigate analytic discrepancies
- Create SQL reports that support data-driven decisions
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve complex problems, including escalating when appropriate and identifying possible future product enhancements
- Communicate solutions to customers, partners, internal business units, engineering, and management
You will keep excellent records in the CRM system and add to our technical knowledge base. You will become a Subject Matter Expert by keeping up-to-date on Sortable’s changing products and technologies, providing support as they are developed and launched, and diagnosing and resolving product issues when they arise.
Requirements/What it takes
We want you to feel comfortable with your application. Here are some items that we’ll have to see in an application in order to move forward. You should demonstrate:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving ability
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills as you will convey complex information to audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Hands-on experience building and debugging websites
- Strong focus on customer experience
Bonus points and nice to haves
So, you’ve met the requirements above. How will you stand out? If you can show a combination of the below, it will support you in the role and catch our eye.
- Experience with data analytics, Salesforce, Jira
- Portfolio of websites you manage
- Good knowledge of the ad-tech industry: do you know what DFP, SSPs, header bidding and prebid.js are?
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see everyday.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.