Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers and revenue operations team optimize yield. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager at Sortable is you’ll be challenged with diving in and getting up to speed quickly in our industry of content publishing and digital advertising. Doing so will enable you to develop a brilliant product strategy that is shaped by market trends, customer needs, and immediate business opportunities. You will:
- Work cross-functionally with Developers, Customer Success, and Sales to create products that our customers love and deliver strong financial performance
- Become a true “voice of the customer” through ongoing product discovery efforts, continuous feedback, and championing customer empathy internally
- Develop product requirements, own the backlog prioritization, and assist in building user stories
- Have your finger on the pulse of your product by continuously monitoring customer usage and product performance data
- Look for ways to work better by refining current product management processes & developing new ones
- Analyze the competitive and market landscape to identify both new opportunities and threats and put together recommendations on how best to respond
- Influence the overall roadmap by consolidating key product ideas, aligning to product strategy
Requirements/what it takes
We want you to feel comfortable with your application. Below are some of the skills and experience that we will be looking for:
- 5+ years working in the ad operations and/or adtech space.
- Have a strong understanding of publisher’s needs and the digital advertising ecosystem (display ads, video ads, native ads, mobile app ads, PPC ads)
- Experience buying traffic
- Ability to develop technical advertising product requirements
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and ability to develop sound business cases
- Comfortable with ambiguity, as is common in scaling companies
- Ability to get results on multiple concurrent priorities
- Track record of turning ideas into revenue-generating products
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
- Product management experience
- Confident using JIRA in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth. We’ve been on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list for three years in a row. We have won awards for our workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Four weeks of paid vacation to start
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have a stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see everyday.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.